March 28th... how is everyone doing??

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Hi all,
I hope everyone is being faithful to their commitments! You are all worth it and I know we have all worked so hard to lose what we have already lost! Don't ever give up or go back to your old habits. Those habits made me feel tired, lazy, painful in my back, bloated, refluxed, tight fitting in all of my clothes, and frankly just fat! While I still need to lose over 100 pounds, I feel so much better already! I know this is only going to get better, the more I lose!

I found myself this weekend at my son's ballgames walking around eagerly where last year I welcomed that chair where I could just sit for hours. I walked the track before his game while he was warming up and last year that would've never happened. I also no longer sit at home for hours looking at the computer screen playing mindless games and looking at facebook or pinterest. I want to get up and be active with my kids and NOT be lazy. I am thankful for these feelings and I NEVER want to go back!!

I also haven't had cravings for sweets at all and that is amazing to me! I use to crave m&m's, and chocolate and could eat 2 king size in one sitting. That nauseates me now to think of consuming that! I really don't crave anything anymore and that is success in itself!

Yesterday, I took my son to his allergy shot appointment. Usually, we do this after school, but since we are on spring break we went at lunch time. There were so many elderly, overweight people who were on canes, walkers, oxygen and had BAGS of pills. I DO NOT want to be like this as I age, so I have got to stick with this commitment NOW to be healthy LATER! I want to continue the exercise so my body will be ready to age appropriately. This was an eye opener for me!

I am thankful for this program and for the support I have had from all of you! I look forward to our successes and going through this journey with you. Never give up!!! We will be the ones on here next January giving support to those who are just beginning!

Replies

• ravensfan1
    ravensfan1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...I definitely feel better just getting 15 pounds off. My knee is achy due to too much cardio rather than the arthritis which makes me happy. Maybe I can delay the next knee replacement for a few more years. Its a struggle sometimes getting up to work out but the end result keeps me going. Hang in there and keep it up!!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My allergies have been acting up and caused a sinus infection. Because of that, I have lightened my workouts a little so far this week. Of course, I am a bit crazy and had been doing ChaLean Extreme and TurboFire (started at 284 pounds!), so I have just switched to TurboJam this week. It is amazing, after about 5 weeks of intense workouts, how much easier the TurboJam is compared to when I tried it last year. I have only lost 16 pounds, but the inches are falling off...it's great! WE CAN DO IT!!! (OK, the hubby is watching "Waterboy" in the background and that weird little guy on there keeps saying that too).
    9315975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Not been feeling too well this week with TOM and a stonking cold. Not really had the energy or motivation to exercise and haven't even managed many lunchtime walks either. Food wise, apart from the weekend, I've been doing ok.

Weigh in day tomorrow so we'll see what the damage is.

On a poisitve note, someone I've not seen since before Christmas commented that I was definitely looking slimmer :)
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have gotten back on track and have almost lost the little bit I had gained from being bad the last month. I want to lose this last bit and get to goal. I am so close! I am not buying anymore crap because I have no willpower, if its in the house i will eat it so no more! I also got my bike out with the nice weather, haven't been on one in years but really looking forward to biking with my kids.
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for sticking with it!!!! I was getting really discouraged because I figured because I am so heavy that the weight would melt off after eating right and exercising.... I am losing weight at a good pace, and I have to learn to give myself credit for my hard work (so my husband tells me.. ). I so can't wait to get back into my size 18 pants.. This is my short term goal. Keep up the Great work everyone!!