Stuck and it's consequences

Options
So, last night the guys decided they wanted Whitt's Bar-B-Q for dinner. They went and picked it up. I planned my day so that I could enjoy some of the pork. I was very good. I weighed out the 3 ounces that I was alotted and cut it up really small. Then took little bites and chewed and chewed and chewed some more. My son finished 2 huge sandwices and 2 bowls of beans in the time it took me to finish my measly 3 ounces. Then after all that, I was stuck. Haven't been able to eat much of anything today without it getting stuck also. I guess it's a couple days of protein shakes for me until my band calms down. Oh well, I should have another good loss after this. Thank goodness for Atkins Shakes.

Replies

• kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only food I'm careful about is pork I can eat pretty much most other things but pork is a tuffy. Hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I stay away from most bread and meat. I can do a fillet, and sometimes a small piece of chicken. Pork is definitely a no. I pretty much try to stick with fish and seafood. I had an episode last week with a reuben. It took several days to get over it.
  • JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel!!! I just got a fill a week ago monday and have finally hit my sweet spot and understand what the band is suppose to do!!! I got stuck for the first time eating a chicken taco Tuesday night!!! OUCH! I thought I was chewing chewing and chewing more but now I know I have to be really careful.

The things I know I can't eat are rice, dry chicken and raw carrots! I really need to chew everything and chew some more!!!

Good Luck!

Joleen
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    I find the size of the bite makes a big difference too. Doesn't matter how much I chew if it is too big of a bite I can easily get stuck. Make sure you are eating slowly too. Honestly, I can eat anything and not get stuck if I chew, take small bites and put my fork down for 30 seconds between bites.

I was over filled at one point too, and after a week I had to have fluid taken out. That's just misserable.

Good Luck!