Week 13: Party's almost over what a bummer!

Options
So not gonna lie...just not really that thrilled about ending the whole round on a recovery week. Don't really like core synergistics, already replaced kenpo with insanity,although Yoga isn't nearly the death that it was when I started.

Onto today's yoga - getting closer and closer to bringing my heels down in downward dog. Hopefully I hit that during the next round. As far as my nemesis, the superlong right angle pose routine, was able to do both legs without ever needing to straighten my leg. That's a first!!

Replies

• gilliland_a
    gilliland_a Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I cant get my arm under my thigh (big thighs).

I can say that instead of just throwing out Kempo you could try weighted Kempo :)

I use just 3 lbs on all arm movements (small little blue Girly Girl weights) - arm blocks, punches- and I'm probably gonna get some ankle weights to strengthen my kicks.

Speed and endurance both are benefiting off the weights. Its definitely burning more calories. The pool of sweat on my mat tells me so!

I would have liked to end on legs and back (because you do so many of them). But oh well. I'm just recovering for round 2 next week!

Keep it up we're almost there!!!!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was sick last week so I"ve got an extra week to make up. But then on to round 2!!!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Just finished the last workout of the program, feelign awesome, what a sense of accomplishment I am feeling right now. Can't wait to do my final results tomorrow.
  • gilliland_a
    gilliland_a Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One more Yoga for me.

I hit my goal of 199 lbs yesterday. Feeling pretty darn good about that. Dropped 37 lbs this round.

I'm really happy about being under 200 again. I havne't weighed this since my wife and I were dating 6 years ago.

I am hoping to make 10% body fat around the end of June. I think that's a good anniversary present for my wife!!!

Thanks for the support. Great work everyone who stuck with it!!!

If you didn't there is always round two starting April 2nd!!!
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day one of week 13 for me too! I feel the same about ending on a recovery week.....seems kinda weird. I don't hate yoga nearly as much as I did in the beginning. I can do most of it, but still can't do the Warrior 3 sequence! We should be proud that we made it all the way through!!! I'm a little sick of Tony's jokes by now :) What is everyone doing next??
  • Timarling
    Timarling Posts: 80
    Options
    Think today was to be X Stretch...although I'm too jazzed up to properly just take the week off...so I ran about 8 1/2 miles instead. Whoops.At an 8 minute mile pace that's not something that I would have just done on a whim 3 months ago lemme tell you!