How goes the MD fitness plans?

Options
What are we all doing to reach our goals? We all have different reasons for weight loss, but a lot seem to be bikini driven. A lot of weddings, yay! (I might toss myself in that category soon enough, and tropical wedding means bikini.)

Myself? I'm trying some short circuit (LOL) workouts and better, smaller foods. Lots of fruit fillers and more water. *sigh* I hate water. I'm 75% soda.

Replies

• awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Cutting out fast food, cutting my soda down to 1 can or 1/2 a 20 oz bottle and going to the gym 5 days a week. Also trying to get more protein since it keeps me fuller longer.

I'm right there with you on the soda... but before I started MFP it was like 90 - 95% soda!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 30 minute morning workout M-F, hour long walks on weekend mornings and evening walks as much as possible M-F.
    I've also started paying attention to my sodium and increasing my water.

Let's do this!!!!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cutting out fast food, cutting my soda down to 1 can or 1/2 a 20 oz bottle and going to the gym 5 days a week. Also trying to get more protein since it keeps me fuller longer.

I'm right there with you on the soda... but before I started MFP it was like 90 - 95% soda!

That's great! I recently stopped drinking coffee (90% creamer, mmm), but I've replaced it by sneaking a little soda in.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    I'm doing a 30 minute morning workout M-F, hour long walks on weekend mornings and evening walks as much as possible M-F.
    I've also started paying attention to my sodium and increasing my water.

Let's do this!!!!

Awwww, morning walks sound so nice! I wish I could do that but my area is pretty shady, there are always loose dogs and loose bums around. :(
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    Just continuing my current workouts and diet. In the morning 30 min with the 30 Day Shred, 30 min on the exercise bike. Evening workouts at the gym with my husband. Weekends we try and get out and be more active with our daughter while still going to the gym. I haven't been doing my morning workouts on the weekends but I think I'm going to try and keep that up all week. It just helps really get me going.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Continuing with my p90x, cutting ome more calories and drinking more water.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back at command PT (military girl haha) after 7 months of not being allowed to go due to an injury. On top of that I joined the softball team, I hike on the weekends, and try to fit in gym time as often as I can. :)
  • nikkirojo
    nikkirojo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm taking up running.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So far, so good! I'm doing 1/2 hour exercise every morning with my Wii MyFitnessTrainer. After lunch I go for a two mile walk, and then after dinner hubby and I go for a leisurely 1 or 2 mile stroll. I'm not aiming for a bikini, I'm just aiming to look good in my one piece bathing suit!
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Plan:

Morning weight lifting 5 days a week
    Run 15 miles a week, at least one of those should be 7 miles
    Attend spin class 2 times a week
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    These are all awesome ideas. Running, Wii, morning workouts, family walks, P90x! It looks like we're all doing reasonable workouts that won't have us quitting or disappointed.

Im trying to find a running buddy since my neighborhood is scary. It'd be nice to be outside. But Betty the Treaddy will have to do.

I had soda again today. Instead of thinking about What I want most, I was thinking about what I wanted right then. :(
  • tiffanypardus
    Options

I had soda again today. Instead of thinking about What I want most, I was thinking about what I wanted right then. :(

That's my issue I think about that I want it now instead of thinking that I can enjoy those things once I'm skinny on vacation
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My motivation is getting my health back in check..I had two blood clots three years ago in my leg that have set me back and have made losing weight very difficult. Around that same time I "developed" asthma, but that is now under control; don't use my inhaler much anymore :smile:

My plan is to up my routine as much as possible without straining my leg. I have ten more day of the 30 day shred and then on to P90X, :cry: hope I can handle it. I just want to feel comfortable in my skin, look good in my clothing.
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi -

I just started so I'm concentrating on my out of control diet. Sticking with eating clean, and getting back into some carb cycling. Because of my hypothyroid my metabolism is extremely slow...thinking about heating it up with some supplements!
  • ColleenDeBeasi
    ColleenDeBeasi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay within my calorie goals daily and get 30 minutes of exercise every day. I'm going to lift upper body heavy twice a week as well.

It seems pretty simple, but I'm just starting.
  • jennmarie0205
    Options
    I've been doing the 'Walk Away The Pounds' workouts with Leslie Sansone, about an hour a day.

It's not hard at all but really make you sweat and it's low impact.

I workout 6 days a week....Mondays are my 'free' days since those days are the hardest for me.

I keep my caloric intake very close to my goal. I don't overindulge on anything.
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I'm doing a hybrid of P90X and running but also I've taken up swimming because I am doing a Tri in May. Swimming is very difficult for me right now because I am just starting but I hope it will get me out of this weight loss plateau I've been in for months.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I had a great workout this morning, how is everyone's day going thus far..what form of exercise is everyone getting in today? So far today I did JM 30DS L3D2, walked 2.7 miles; 6322 steps around neighborhood..
    Total steps so far today 7351
  • meosha30
    meosha30 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am changing the way that I eat and starting JM 30DS. Lastnt I cooked a Light Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken with a side salad and it was yummy! :bigsmile:
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, had Pt 2day so got in 30 minutes on treadmill/bike. Did core strengthening exercises there too. Plus did 30 min. of Wii fit when i got home, vacuumed entire house , and my 1 mile walk. Awesome warm weather finally 2 get outside. have a fabulous day all. Now if I can only learn how 2 up my calories, keeps yelling TOO LOW< STARVATION MODE, eeeek :noway: