What does everyone eat or do to get some energy?

Options
willforbes
willforbes Posts: 48 Member
I like Cliff Bars. Sometimes when I work out I will have more energy after than before.

Replies

• scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This morning, I knew I was going to be outside working in the yard, so I made a protein shake and added a banana for some natural sugar... It really kept me going for a quite a while!
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
    i have been trying different protein bars i have tried the nature valley, zone perfect but the cliff bars are the best love them
  • SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My goal is to bulk up but keep it as lean as i can, so i need to keep a very close eye on nutrition. I do heavy weightlifting. My pre and post workout shakes are arranged with that in mind.

Pre-workout (30-45 mins before workout):
    * Whey protein - supplies the body with protein so it can be absorbed during workout
    * Creatine - supplies "energy" for muscles, releases its own phosphate group for the muscles to restore energy, helps me squeeze out a few more reps, overloading the muscles just a bit more

Post-workout (immediately after workout):
    * Hydrowhey protein - Optimum Nutrition's blend, very fast absorbing protein, great for recovery
    * Glycomaze - basically, starch, quick supply of glycogen to the muscles
    * Creatine - same as in pre-workout
    * Glutamine - helps with muscle recovery and protein synthesis in the muscles
    * BCAAs
    * Fish oil capsules - supplies omega-3
    * Multivitamine - optimum nutrition's blend, it's a 3-a-day thing
    * Protein bar - 32g of protein in a tiny bar, can't beat that

As you can see, i put a lot of emphasis on supplying protein all around the workout :)
    Once again, this is for weightraining, and GAINING weight... gives me a crap-load of energy!