Friday Updates?

Options
So we had a Monday one, and since I've got news from last night I figured I'd share my update first.

She showed up early so she got to watch me cook, heat up the naan bread, finish the rice, and all that jazz. We had dinner it was a lot of fun, she really liked my cooking, which is promising because I haven't made this before, so the fact that it was pallatable is great thing! After dinner we plopped on the couch and watched movies. We started with this foreign version of Beowulf and Grendel it was horrible. Then she recommended Four Rooms, that wasn't any better. So after that movie she was laying on the couch with her legs across me (after I had massaged icy hot into her knees and ankles since they hurt from dance), and I asked her if she was still cold. She said no, so I took the blanket off of her, pulled her onto my lap and kissed her. It was lovely. Didn't go much further, but I want to take it slow. Rubbed her shoulders, laid on each other on the couch talking, kissed some more and she was on her way. Oh, she did fall asleep during the end of the movie she wanted to watch which means she trusts me which is awesome.

The only thing that's an issue is she's in a "long distance open relationship" with someone, I'm not really sure what that means. I think it's a little bit early to ask, but I will have to broach that soon to make sure we are both on the same page. I'd hate to start getting the committed mentality, when she's not really as into it as I am. Which is cool and all, I'd rather just know sooner than later.

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    YAY for Jax glad it went well.:flowerforyou:

So I have a date tonight with the guy from last friday night .:bigsmile:
    Also tomorrow is my brothers birthday and were doing what we have done every year since he passed throwing a big @$$ party at the bar for him. It usually helps me snap out of the blahs.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Jax I'm so happy for you man! :flowerforyou:

Yeah, take it cool.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Aw! That sounds like a great date! :smile: I say have fun and see where it takes you! Good for you.

Jenbit .. I hope you have a great date! Do you like this guy?

Sorry to hear about your brother. =( but it sounds like you all are doing it right! celebrate the life.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    @Helovesme87 I think I could like this guy. ITs kinda complicated on how we met but lets say I dont know alot about him. I do know that hes super sweet and has great taste in music. Heres the problem though he is a little shorter than me....... I'm bending my normal rules to see how it goes.

Yeah my brother passed about 6 years ago and we were super close ....... Alot of my friends are gonna come out tomorow and celebrate to. Itll be fun once I get through the day which usually makes me feel pretty crappy
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice Jax. Sounds like it's going the right way!!!

Jen, sorry about your brother's passing but I love the way ya'll celebrate his life!

As for me, well...... my FL time the other night was fantastic. He stayed over again. It was friendly and as always a great time. He was working the night of the concert and was supposed to get off at 9:30 but didn't until 11pm! He missed almost all of the concert :frown: and he wasn't happy about it. But we made the best of it and went out afterwards downtown and danced some, met some neat people, people watched, laughed, drank, etc.
    The next day we sat around for a while and went to lunch.

He's coming over tonight again for some more fun after work.

I don't have any plans for the rest of the weekend so far.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    woohoo Jax good for you. Just remember that someone close is always better then someone far away.

Sorry about your brother Jen but yay for the date.

La_Amazona get to the gym and try and make plans with gym crush.

Well for me, joined POF emailed a couple of guys since I do want to find someone close but nothing has truely panned out. Who knows. I did start talking to someone back in MN on monday. Name is Jordan (I have to keep it in the J's) we have "known" each other on twitter for awhile and have messaged before but on Monday I noticed he changed his handle to his real name not his old blogging name so I sent him a message about getting all professional now. He was a sports blogger now a professional one so his boss told him it would be best to change his name. Since then we have been texting back and forth since then. He has plans on coming here in May for a little over a week so we will probably meet then. Right now we are just keeping it friendly. (Side note I am the only non-sports releated person on twitter he follows.)
    The one problem with when he is coming here it is the same weekend as the singles meet up in Austin but he is going to be here the whole week and weekend after that so I can probably still do both.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    MissingMinnesota, you better not ditch me for a guy!! :mad: And I'll have you know that I went to the gym yesterday even though I didn't feel well and gym boy let me down by being MIA. I give up.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Jax - That sounds like a really sweet date. So happy for you, but yes you should clear up the long distance thing soon just for your own peace of mind.

Jen - I'm very sorry for your loss. Good luck with the guy!

My update is that I stared PoF earlier in the week. I've had more prospects this week than in two months on eharmony (granted they aren't all quality...but you all know how that goes). However, since Tuesday I've been primarily emailing/ texting/ talking to one guy and we decided to go for a hike this weekend. The weather forecast is now pretty bad so I'm sure the plans will change though. So far I really like his relaxed vibe and some of our conversations have even been a little on the saucy side, which is kind of fun :blushing:
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    Jax - That sounds like a really sweet date. So happy for you, but yes you should clear up the long distance thing soon just for your own peace of mind.

My update is that I stared PoF earlier in the week. I've had more prospects this week than in two months on eharmony (granted they aren't all quality...but you all know how that goes). However, since Tuesday I've been primarily emailing/ texting/ talking to one guy and we decided to go for a hike this weekend. The weather forecast is now pretty bad so I'm sure the plans will change though. So far I really like his relaxed vibe and some of our conversations have even been a little on the saucy side, which is kind of fun :blushing:

Oooooooh .. I like the saucy side! You get on with your bad self gurrrrrl! lol. You can hike a different hill this weekend .. *winkwink* hahahahahahaha
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    MissingMinnesota, you better not ditch me for a guy!! :mad: And I'll have you know that I went to the gym yesterday even though I didn't feel well and gym boy let me down by being MIA. I give up.

Grrrrrrrrr ... Gym boy doesn't know what he is missing!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

wow! Go you. Let us know how it goes. I move at a snails pace on things like POF, I usually take a day to respond to an message.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Oooooooh .. I like the saucy side! You get on with your bad self gurrrrrl! lol. You can hike a different hill this weekend .. *winkwink* hahahahahahaha

God I need a hill.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

He will probably be working most the weekend since he is coming for the All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600 both of which are weekend events.
  • Steelheart7
    Options

God I need a hill.

LMFAO!!!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

God I need a hill.

Thank you both for the laugh!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Looks like most of you have fun weekends planned.............not so much for me this weekend--quiet one for a change--and aaaahhhhhh last weekend of my 30's........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Ooooh Happy early Birthday!!!!!!!!! When is the offical day and why aren't you going out letting loose????
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ooooh Happy early Birthday!!!!!!!!! When is the offical day and why aren't you going out letting loose????

Thanks.......is April 5th --next Thursday so next weekend will be the "party weekend"
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Thanks.......is April 5th --next Thursday so next weekend will be the "party weekend"

Happy Birthday! Aries rule! (My birthday was yesterday)
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Nice, happy birthday to both of you!!!!