Happy about the progress toward the goal weight...to be cont

Options
TGIF everyone. My doc was happy about my progress toward health and wellness and losing 10 pounds since I saw him in December. He did loosen my band about 1/4 cc because it was a bit tight and I had been having some sliming and spitting up. Now to kick it into high gear and challenge myself for the next three months and lose another 10-15 pounds.
I just might be ready to wear a swimsuit by July 4th! The loose skin might be a big time deterrent but I can camoflage (sp?) and wear a cover-up...nothings changed as far as that lol :laugh:

Replies

• Ugh. I feel your pain about the loose skin. :)
  • Kvrana
    Kvrana Posts: 7
    Options
    I know about the loose skin too! I actually had my "pancake" tummy removed and my breasts lifted about a year ago, even though I was not at my goal weight. I had lost 110 lbs thanks to my lapband, but the pancake and the long boobs were keeping me from really appreciating my weight loss and moving forward. The big bonus is that most insurance companies will cover the panniculectomy ( removal of excess stomach skin) and mine did! I paid for the breast lift with care credit - a no interest credit card. Totally worth it and the surgeries were easy! I was off work for 2 weeks, but only really needed bed rest for about a week (which I totally enjoyed!! ). You all look a lot skinnier than I did when I had my skin removed, and beautiful! The first step I took when looking into skin removal was to meet with several plastic surgeons, then let them submit to my insurance company to see what's covered, and the rest is history. I still want to lose another 50-60 lbs, and will definitely have a breast reduction or one more lift. The bottom part of my tummy is still flat and is supposed to stay that way, but I am dealing with the muffin top now as I did not opt for the upper tummy tuck, but will when I am at goal. It's very motivating to get that pancake removed. Good luck to you guys and thanks for sharing!!