Introduce yourself

Options
My name is Valerie, I'm 48 years old. I have 2 daughters ages 18 & 21. I moved here 3 years ago to be with my boyfriend, who I met online. I am disabled from my surgeries as well as being bipolar (stable and on meds). I have a really hard time with motivating and binge eating, especially carbs and sweets. I don't eat anything deep fried anymore, but still love red meat and pork - looking to change that but need more ideas on how to prepare chicken as i'm the only one in the house who eats fish.

Replies

• shierwarter
    Options
    Hi Valerie! My name is Skye. I'm 55 and moved to Kingsport 6 years ago with my hubby and a passel of cats. These 6 years I've gained about 70-80 lbs and am miserable. I am a member of the Kingsport Senior Center and today I'm going to join them for a swim at Dobyn's Bennett pool during my lunch break.

I too could use encouragement and reminders about what I need to do to get and stay healthy. My knees are pretty sore most of the time, so a low impact exercise is what I've been craving. I moved my mom here two years ago, and am just now getting to the point where I can handle my job, my life, some care for her, and ME. I am aiming to lose a bunch of weight this summer, and I hope myfitnesspal.com is one way to get there.