Almost at my goal weight, next mission is toning up!

Options
Hello:

My name is Christina...

I am new to this group and am looking to start my mission on toning up now after losing 30 + lbs. I have mostly belly, and back fat after 3 kids which has gone down alot due to the weight loss...and I'd like to build up a lil backside since that all went with the weight loss too. o_0...When I go to the gym i'm kinda lost with the machines...guess I need a routine, not sure what to do or what schedule to maintain as far as which body parts to work out, and what machines to use. I don't feel like paying for a trainer now, i've come a long way without one. Any suggestions....??

Replies

• herrenlk2012
    Options
    I'm on round 2, but tge 1st time I lost 65 lbs. I did a lot of different things to help. Before I get into those, keep in mind that time (as in days, months, years) & routine are a must! I had several routines. I actually liked the old school Abs of Steel, Mari Windsor Pilates 20 Minute Workout or Accelerated Body Sculpting, Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets 25 Minute Full Body Workout or Accelerated Workout, Reebok BootCamp w/Tanja Djelevic, Walking, Biking, Water Aerobics... the list goes on. Really you need to find what works best for you. Talking to your doctor is helpful & if you are able to afford a reasonable gym membership or a personal trainer, that would be great! I personally just workout at home with videos & hand weights. Good luck!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina,
    Does your gym give free appraisals, or an induction where they show you how to use the equipment. I agree it can be very daunting, specially when you see some of the people lifting huge weights etc.

On my induction the trainer put me on the leg press machine, which works a huge group of lower body muscles, the chest press which works the front of the upper body, and the seated row machine, which works the back of the upper body. Those 3 machines work all the big muscle groups and the trainer said it tones more quickly. I've been using those 3 machines for the past 2 months and I am starting to see changes in my body, but I was so out of shape after having 4 kids (including a set of big twins) that its been a struggle... but I'll get there.

I'm waiting on my next "free" appraisal to see what else I can do... I heard mutterings about free weights, whatever they are!