Any geeks doing C25K?

Options
Okay, so I would ask this on the main boards, but I'd rather have the opinions of people I trust! =)

Is anyone here doing C25K on their 'Droids? If so, how do you find it? What were your major problems at the start? Would you recommend it to others?

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I finished it 4 weeks ago, now doing bridge to 10K. Honestly I loved it, the 60secs of running was hard to start with but you really see a progression in your fitness. Trust the program!
    I didn't use an app, just timed myself for the appropriate times. Make sure you have decent shoes! I'vealready convinced one of my co-workers to start it :smile:
  • VinVenture
    VinVenture Posts: 290
    Options
    I'm in week 5, and I can already run for atleast 8 minutes straight, compared to having issues doing full 60 seconds when I started. However, due to local weather and my unwillingness to run in 5-10" of snow, I do it on treadmill. So easy to time it then. Can't wait to finish and be able to jog for 30 minutes straight.

Recommendations: 1) push yourself, lots of your limitations are mental. 2) Follow the program. Take rest days, don't skip ahead. 3) Good shoes.

Good luck.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I've been on week 4 for 3 weeks so far....can't seem to improve....although I still weigh 280# that has a lot to do with the bad knees
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both finished it - he used .......hmm. Some android app to track it and runkeeper for distance I believe. The app was nice as it told you when to walk/run/etc.

The program itself is great, I didn't really keep it up well (we finished in January) but I have full confidence that any time I need to jog for a mile, I can jog for a mile (the full 3 miles is a bit ambitious at my speed/lack of continuing training).

I just stopped running because I didn't want to burn out my legs for my weight training, once you're squatting anything over about 90-100 lbs its kinda like ....you really need the rest/recovery time and running isn't very restful.