Week 8 Results

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
So only 2 pounds lost in the past 4 weeks which is kind of discouraging. My pictures are looking a little better, but still nowhere close to where I want to be. I definitely decided that I am going to go for the 20 week program instead of the 12 week. So, I will be doing the advance program.

I did lose about 2 and 1/2 more inches, which is good, but I am starting to get a little discouraged. I have been working out now for three months straight and tracking my food every day. I know that I am not so well-behaved on the weekends, but not so bad where I am eating sooo much.

I am going to try changing up the calories that I am allowing myself again. I changed MFP to lose 1 lb a week and that gave me 200 more calories to eat. I am also going to try NOT to eat my exercise calories back and see what happens this week.

I know that it takes time to lose weight and get to where you want to go and I am not trying to rush it, but I really hope to see bigger changes this month!

How are you all doing??? What have your results been?

Replies

• Sweeterescape
    Options
    Changing things up certainly can't hurt, you need to find what works best for you!

However, having said that, I think that you have been doing an AMAZING job and you've come a really long way! You've been doing this for 3 months and lost nearly 15 lbs...that's an average of 5 lbs per month which is fantastic! Also, how many inches have you lost overall? Probably a lot! I bet you've gone down at least a size too!

Go for it and see if changing things up kickstarts the loss again, but don't get down on yourself about what you've done so far :-). You're doing so well and I know you're going to look and feel fabulous this summer!
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an awesome job Brooke and taking such good care of your body! It LOVES you! Keep in mind you are also only 10 lbs from goal (according to your ticker) so things definitely move slower. A 1/2 pound a week is perfect when you get to that point. So 2 lbs in 4 weeks is exactly on track!

Also please eat your exercise calories back. Turbofire takes so much out of us and we need that to fuel us. I stalled out for 3 weeks when I was trying to not eat my exercise calories back. These last two weeks I have been eating them all back and grossing around 2,000 calories each day. I saw progress again. Food is awesome. I love working hard and not being afraid to eat anymore. :) You can too!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    don't be disheartened, it seems like you have had some great results overall. When I started working out again, I put on weight so I know how discouraging it is. Definitely try switching things up! Good luck!