happy april!

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
guess what! i lost 10 pounds overnight! can you BELIEVE?!?!

(i hope not, because this was my lame shot at april fool's day - at least i remembered it this year!)

but all the same, i'm going to rock out this month like i did. because i'm going to eventually! and even though i haven't lost anything in forever, i've never been healthier or able to do things, like jogging 4 miles or curling 20 pounders or doing a workout that totally floors my husband, in my whole life!

so i'm starting the month of april with celebration.

how about ya'll?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You are kicking *kitten* chan, weight is just weight.

but on the topic of plateaus- what have you tried so far?

I also lost ZERO POUNDS but its ok, I am lifting weights like a beast and I now officially wear a size 8 pant (its a bit snug but it fits and its not uncomfortable) so WOOOO!

Also I made a new friend on here (she's a new member of my women who eat 2000 calories group) who says she was my height and 17% bodyfat at 158 so I am thrilled because I feel like I'm SO heavy all the time compared to other people and it makes me feel like I'm just being delusional about how much my goal weight should be but she was even heavier than my current goal and very fit so it gives me hope that I won't have to lose so much more.

When I think about possibly having to lsoe 20 or 25 more lbs I want to cry.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    celebrating the little moments I have to check messages and wander around the house with my guy, yay!

all other moments are homework or being at work. I am very tired.

I look forward to super-busy-tuesdays where I have a long day at school filled with learning and awesome, then some weight lifting, then a romp around university and finally home at 9. they are close to my favorite days.

wednesdays a close second because they are my do-nothing days and I sit at the computer and well... do nothing.

April will be rough for me. Finishing up my classes for my Associates degree and preparing the house for PUPPY. also going to make a training schedule toward the end of april so that my puppy grows up smart and well behaved. we are also planting our beautiful little desert willow trees this month as well as planning our front lawn and submitting that to the HOA for approval. hoping to buy some ground cover plants and maybe a shrub or two, haven't decided yet!

I hope to drink less soda this month
    keep working out on schedule
    wear my new bodymedia fit and eat at a calorie deficit most days
    finally finish reading my novel (i've had it rented since December :()
    and catch-up and STAY caught up on all homework.

which means I need to stop writing and get back to homework now.
    april 1, almost finished! :) 29 left.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up bootcamp #1 and starting Bootcamp #2 the following week. I am gearing up for walking the 1/2 Flying Pig Marathon for the second time and hoping to re-commit to my bike. I haven't ridden it since the fall and it is lonely. In fact I think the tires are flat. Good thing I have a pump. I need to clean my car out, drop the back seats and starting ridding 1-2 days a week on one of the trails. That should be plenty of cardio to kick my back in to burning gear.

I feel stronger but am still in the same clothes as I was in December. They are still tight. I need these first 10lbs to get OFF me. I want my pants to fit w/o being tight. grrr. I will get there. I know, just frustrated but still grilling away.

Keep all the good work ladies!

I would LOVE to lose 5lbs this month. I can do it! There, I have just set my goal. Lose 5lbs by May 1st.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Here are my April goals...good luck with your goals ladies!

no smoking
    log everything
    drop 5 pounds
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I am enjoying sunny CA right now & flew into Long Beach to visit a good friend. We have been going non stop since I got in Saturday. Yesterday was Sea World. Today is a chill day at home before we head out for a couple of days in Palm Springs. The weather is wonderful.hmmmm, I might have to rethink going back to rainy and cold WA.

enjoy your time off! allen's on spring break too, but we're kind of just kicking it back, catching up on housework and planting flowers! and, of course, we're still plotting our return to your territory, but it's going to be kind of hard to sqeeze in between the beach, london/paris, copenhagen and australia!

if i ever ***** to ya'll about having no money, please kick me in the *kitten* and remind me how privileged and blessed we are to do so much travelling on one teacher paycheck! definitely a *huge* perk, i have no right to complain, so if i get going, promptly demand that i shut my trap!
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Well I finished my first bootcamp. The results: I didn't loose a single ounce or body fat. Yes you heard right. I stayed EXACTLY the same weight and body fat %. It was extremely frustrating to hear. I talked with one of the trainers after and we agree it is probably my diet. I think I take in too much sugar, natural that is from fruits, so I need to up my veggie intake and drop my fruit intake. I used to harp on my husband for how much sugar he ate and I realize i am the same way except mine is natural, his is sweets (pouring sugar on to his cereal, ice cream etc).

I modified my smoothie I drink in the morning to just a hint orange juice (like 3oz) and more water with 1/2 cup of fruit and on scoop of protein. It drops it down to 200 calories as opposed to the 400 it had with the amount of OJ. Forgot to see how much the sugar intake came down as well. I have also ordered some shakes to keep on hand and really watching what I have been eating the last few days.

I also think I need to get more cardio in. Take a day to add in some more Cardio. My problem is I don't want to be exhausted all the time and last time I worked out 6xs a week I was just running myself into the ground. I figure on day of Cardio and one day of walking should be good. I do have the 1/2 marathon coming up in 4 weeks! I also need to either buy a new Ipod or figure out what device I will have music on because when I want walking Sunday morning my ipod was almost dead after an 1hr and 1/2. It typically takes me 3 hrs and 30 mins to walk the 1/2.

Today was the first day of bootcamp#2 and I am determined to have lost SOMETHING by the end of this one! Cheers to a new session.

I will break through this block I have found myself in!
  • tameko2
    Options
    what are your calories like vendy? I don't believe sugar is the ultra-devil that people like to make it out to be, although I do think its a good idea to cut out the juice as juice doesn't add anything (whole fruit has fiber in it).

Also - did you have a rest week between the boot camps? sometimes our weight won't drop during new exercise and it will drop later during a rest week.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I have been struggling with extreme hunger all week so I'm trying to work on keeping that in check this week.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    I have not had a rest week yet. I workout 3xs a week sometimes 4 if I walk for a day. My calories are normally just a little bit over. I am wondering if maybe I am not eating enough. I normally take my calorie burn from my HRM and cut them in half because I don't believe I burned 792 calories in a 45 minute bootcamp session. Granted they did tell me this morning that last Friday (which is what that aforementioned loss was) could have been 792 calories. I wonder if I shorting my calorie burn and therefore I am forcing my body into "Starvation mode" which leads to no weight loss.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I have not had a rest week yet. I workout 3xs a week sometimes 4 if I walk for a day. My calories are normally just a little bit over. I am wondering if maybe I am not eating enough. I normally take my calorie burn from my HRM and cut them in half because I don't believe I burned 792 calories in a 45 minute bootcamp session. Granted they did tell me this morning that last Friday (which is what that aforementioned loss was) could have been 792 calories. I wonder if I shorting my calorie burn and therefore I am forcing my body into "Starvation mode" which leads to no weight loss.

sometimes working out hard without a rest will artificially inflate your weight a few pounds, you might have lost fat and not be able to see it. NO bodyfat measurement tool is very precise, they all can be 3-5% different so its totally possible that they measured you at 25% one day and it was really 27% and then they measured you at 25% the next time and it was really 24% -- and your scale weight can inflate as much as 4-5 lbs (at least, mine does) for various reasons. so I think there could be a LOT going on there.

Whats your weight loss goal set to right now? 1lb/week? And do you have your activity level set right? I think most people actually underestimate how active they are.

I'd say maybe just start eating an extra 200 calories back and see what happens.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Thanks tameko! I think I will try adding back in the 200 calories and just monitor how much I am eating. Other than working out I am not that active these days. I sit at a desk all day and unless I am going out somewhere downtown I tend to sit at home as well. So I am pretty sure that my active gauge is set correctly. I used to be more active when I worked in coffee but now I have a desk job. Granted I can get up and walk around whenever I need so I do get up every couple of hours and just stretch for a bit.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I have been struggling with extreme hunger all week so I'm trying to work on keeping that in check this week.

good luck with that! i've been off the bandwagon for so long, my goal is simply to try and not eat everything in sight this week. we'll see how that goes - time to get back in gear!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Thanks tameko! I think I will try adding back in the 200 calories and just monitor how much I am eating. Other than working out I am not that active these days. I sit at a desk all day and unless I am going out somewhere downtown I tend to sit at home as well. So I am pretty sure that my active gauge is set correctly. I used to be more active when I worked in coffee but now I have a desk job. Granted I can get up and walk around whenever I need so I do get up every couple of hours and just stretch for a bit.

I got a BMF and I was shocked to find that even though I've got a desk job and sitting down hobbies I tend to fall closer to the "lightly active" measurement than the "Sedentary" measurement. Its the little things like getting up for water and coffee, going ot meetings, walking to starbucks, etc.
  • tameko2
    Options

good luck with that! i've been off the bandwagon for so long, my goal is simply to try and not eat everything in sight this week. we'll see how that goes - time to get back in gear!

So far so good this week, for me anyway. We'll see how today goes. Maybe I just needed a refeed week. I feel totally fine this week but last week was out of control.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    happy friday, pretty ladies! hope you all have a great weekend!
  • tameko2
    Options
    happy friday, pretty ladies! hope you all have a great weekend!

Thanks you too! Anyone got any exciting plans? I think we're gonna go see dinosaurs at the LA museum of natural history
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hope your month is going well! It's hard to believe that April is almost half over. Lots of good things going on this month. I tackled a very difficult piece of music, performed it at a recital, and it went well! I bought a new dress to wear to a wedding of an old friend at the end of the month. The novelty of buying small clothing still hasn't worn off!

Still, I have goals that have yet to be reached. I recently had my percentage of body fat tested at my gym. I had a feeling that it would be higher than I expected, but was unprepared for how very high it would be. Even at 5' 5" and 120 lbs. my percentage of body fat is in the "overweight" range. The test may have been off by a little but the fact remains that I still have lots of stubborn belly fat that just won't go away. I've had to take a long, hard look at my eating and exercise. I don't think I can tweak my diet any more. I eat plenty of good, healthy food, get enough protein, and have cut back on the carbs (no more morning OJ :sad: ) I don't think I would do well on a "clean" diet. I would feel too deprived. But, my workout routine has needed a serious overhaul for quite some time. It's very heavy on the cardio and light on weight training. My husband, who is a personal trainer, has agreed to train me and we're going to focus almost solely on resistance training. My weeks will consist of 1 day of light cardio and/or flexibility, 1 rest day, and the other days I'll be doing things like sled dragging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2u0qQLUz4), dumbbell squats, bent over rows, curls, lats, etc. There's a difference between just being "thin" and having a great body and I'd like to cross over that line. :happy:
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Hi all! Hope your month is going well! It's hard to believe that April is almost half over. Lots of good things going on this month. I tackled a very difficult piece of music, performed it at a recital, and it went well! I bought a new dress to wear to a wedding of an old friend at the end of the month. The novelty of buying small clothing still hasn't worn off!

Still, I have goals that have yet to be reached. I recently had my percentage of body fat tested at my gym. I had a feeling that it would be higher than I expected, but was unprepared for how very high it would be. Even at 5' 5" and 120 lbs. my percentage of body fat is in the "overweight" range. The test may have been off by a little but the fact remains that I still have lots of stubborn belly fat that just won't go away. I've had to take a long, hard look at my eating and exercise. I don't think I can tweak my diet any more. I eat plenty of good, healthy food, get enough protein, and have cut back on the carbs (no more morning OJ :sad: ) I don't think I would do well on a "clean" diet. I would feel too deprived. But, my workout routine has needed a serious overhaul for quite some time. It's very heavy on the cardio and light on weight training. My husband, who is a personal trainer, has agreed to train me and we're going to focus almost solely on resistance training. My weeks will consist of 1 day of light cardio and/or flexibility, 1 rest day, and the other days I'll be doing things like sled dragging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2u0qQLUz4), dumbbell squats, bent over rows, curls, lats, etc. There's a difference between just being "thin" and having a great body and I'd like to cross over that line. :happy:

ooohhhh...i know he is totally kicking your *kitten*! you'll get there, and you look great. you didn't tell me you got a new dress! just bring it and wear it and make sure you have a coat.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    almost the end of april... MAY will be good to me.

we are painting the house and planning more flowers / decor for our front lawn
    we are getting our PUPPY!!
    pup.jpg
    (tri-color pembroke welsh corgi, male, naming him Ein)
    I am graduating from community college (finally earned my associates degree!)
    I am starting summer vacation - well deserved and MUCH needed
    I will have LOTS of time to keep the house clean, plan workouts, and prepare healthy foods

I have a feeling that May will bring me a bit of weight loss and a LOT of inches lost :bigsmile: 5 more days!
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Last day of April?! How did that happen?! Well, sadly no weight loss (even though my husband says I must be doing something right). Clothes still fit the same and well the scale is forever evil. I feel stronge and am just plowing on as usual.
    The Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon is Sunday!!!!! I have a walking buddy now. My friend didn't train enough to run so he said he would walk with me. I figure I will bring my new MP3 player with me (which I am still trying to add music too!) and if he feels he wants to take off running I will have my music to keep me company (along with the other thousands of people around me).

I am hoping to beat my goal of the last two 1/2 marathons and beat my time of 3:33.

Also saw an add for a blue russian siamese cat at breakfast Saturday. He was SOOOOO cute but I know our two cats would be so mad if brought another one home. Plus, it would violate the rule of "animals can not out number the owners", and no children do not count as human owners unless they are 18 or older. :D

Anyone have Jillian 30 day shred they want to lend me??? I'll pay postage!

Have a good last day of April folks!