Weekly & Exercise Points

Options
AleksD3
AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
Eat them or not? What does everyone here do?

Replies

• bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat my exercise points. I'm not sure why, but I used to be able to only eat a portion pf my weekly points and not feel deprived. But for the past month or so, I'm eating most of them because I get so hungry. The funny thing is, each week I've been losing about half a pound or maintaining. At this rate it will take a long time to lose 12 pounds but I'll take it.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I normally do. It's a nice way to have a little extra!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i add 1/2 my AP's to my daily. if i don't eat them that day while my body is moving from the exercise than i toss them. weeklies i use on weigh in days, after weigh in. it's normally only maybe 10-15. i throw allot of points away after the week is over.
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't eat my AP. I'd like to lose weight faster. Then again, I'm not dealing with hunger. So far, I have enough points MOST days.

Still, if I'm hungry, I eat. One of the keys to long term success (so I hear, I'm just starting out), is to not feel deprived, to not feel like you are on a diet. So, judge for yourself. Will you be more likely to stick with the program by eating your AP and therefore not feel like you are on a diet -- or would you like to lose weight faster?

Keep in mind, you don't want to lose more than about 2lb per week (after the first few "water weight" weeks)
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i eat both if i need to.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    If I need them I eat them. But for the most part I only use about 1/2 of them. I've only been at it for about 1 1/2 weeks so I'll see how I progress.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is only my second week but I found myself eating the weekly points but around half of the activity points. I thought it best not to eat all my AP so I have a margin for error in case I'm choosing the wrong way of logging them.
  • leebaser
    Options
    Keep in mind that ultimately your scale and your tape measure will let you know what is or isn't working for YOU. It is what you eat and how you move that affects whether or not your gain or lose weight. Tracking is just a tool to help guide you.
  • ClaricesPieces
    ClaricesPieces Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just so you know, your body needs the fuel to keep going and keep burning fat. thus, not eating your AP can in the end come back to haunt you. instead of dropping the fat, your body will essentially go into starvation mode and hold on to it. it won't help you lose weight faster.

do what works for you, but if you find yourself at a plateau any time soon, don't be surprised if upping your caloric intake (or eating your APs) helps!

good luck to you!
  • leebaser
    Options
    If you are eating your daily points....you will NOT go into "starvation mode". People who fast do not gain weight because they are in "starvation mode". You don't lose weight by eating more. You can eat so little that it's unhealthy for you....but the WW DP is never set that low.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I recently visited a registered dietitian and asked her this. She said that on normal workout days I should NOT eat my APs, just on days when I do something extraordinary (like my 3 mile hike w 20 floors of stairs in a local state park). Even on those days, she said not to eat more than HALF. That is what I am going to do going forward.