distances...

Options
So I have seen people who have gone form Mordor to the Shire (LOTR style) and they have an accurate measurement of the distance. I would like to go from The Wall to Dorne or Kings Landing. I have found that the Wall to the Summer Sea is around 3000 miles. I'm thinking the Wall to KL would be somewhere around 2400 miles. Anyone have any other leads or thoughts on the distances?

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Distances is one of the few things that I haven't been happy w/the series. It seems that they travel a lot quicker than they should.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I don't think they travel quickly, I just think we don't see them traveling.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    i would say that their distances are not very important and in some instances take waaaaaayyyyyyy tooo long.. (clash of kings arya's journey to the wall.. like 12 chapters and barely to the trident.. i took 3 chapters for ned to get to KL.. and i agree with doorki... we dont see them..
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    The Wall is 100 leagues long, which translates into 300 miles. grab a map, measure the Wall and there you go. I have read that the author didn't want the map to have specifics as not have the work nitpicked over by fans .... Now where is the fun with that. I remember figuring out the over lapping parts of the journey of Bilbo and the Dwarfs took in the Hobbit vs the time it took Frodo and company to do the same journey and trying to figure out what the heck made the LOTR folks so much slower. :laugh: :laugh:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    The Wall is 100 leagues long, which translates into 300 miles. grab a map, measure the Wall and there you go. I have read that the author didn't want the map to have specifics as not have the work nitpicked over by fans .... Now where is the fun with that. I remember figuring out the over lapping parts of the journey of Bilbo and the Dwarfs took in the Hobbit vs the time it took Frodo and company to do the same journey and trying to figure out what the heck made the LOTR folks so much slower. :laugh: :laugh:

all of those breakfast breaks..
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options

That just got added to my to do list for today. Thanks.