Garden - who has plans

Options
Pandorian
Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
It's coming up on time to get some seeds started here, will do the usual peas and beans, hope the strawberry and blueberries made it through the weird winter... beets, and much more. I've been building the collection of jars over the winter when I can find them in thrift-stores at reasonable prices... sometimes they charge more per jar than you can buy a new case, I just remind them of the "new price" .

Looking forward to canning a lot more produce this year... recently picked up a cheap dehydrator...haven't used it yet but really plan to, beats paying the crazy prices for dehydrated raspberries.. and I don't need to make quite as much jam this year... more straight up canning of raspberries... sure... but half the jam would be fine.

Debating whether to put the garden in at the farm this year or give it this year to rest as I won't be able to get there on a weekly basis, if the weeds get ahead of me it's a foregone conclusion what'll happen there ;)

Replies

• arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited for our garden this year. Planted 3 new blueberry bushes next to the house, and have an herb garden in my window box. It's still a little to cold here to put the seeds out in the garden, but soon!
  • 77Maria
    77Maria Posts: 90
    Options
    My Minnesota garden is yet to be tilled but I have strawberries, rhubarb, asparagas, raspberries, walking onions, garlic, chives, oregano and and english variety of thyme that are hardy and up already!!! Can't wait to plant but we have had a couple of freezes overnight last month so I will probably only plant alaskan sugar snaps for now ....