Interval Training

Options
Samleishel459
Samleishel459 Posts: 20 Member
I've just started adding interval training to my walking. There is no Interval training listed on myfitnesspal? How are you measuring your calories. My usual walk I usually use 3.0mph but for the interval training I do walking 3.5mph. I'm not at the point where I'm measuring by time yet. I decided if I'm going to jog or walk between light posts or trees.

Replies

• bepositive79
    bepositive79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do Interval training but run and walk. I do press up as well in between. Do you follow a diet plan?

Manny
  • pagirl0872
    pagirl0872 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's great. I use Leslie Sansone Walk Away...DVD's. She does a lot of interval training. It's great for when the weather is cold or crappy. Since it's starting to warm up here (Philly), I'll try outside soon.
  • msteresa915
    Options
    I usually walk outside when my schedule allows, but Leslie Sansome is my interval walking tool when I get home late from work or for inclement weather :flowerforyou:
  • priv8life
    priv8life Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    for recording.... say you walk 60 min but did 8 sprints on the walk. You might record 52 min at 3 MPH and then 8 min at running 7 MPH...or something like that.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's a silly question, what is interval training?
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Interval training mimics sports - start-and-stop motions with periods of sprinting or close-to-sprinting speeds followed by light jogging or rest. You can use interval training workouts any way you want - running, cycling, swimming, on elliptical trainers, even walking if you alternate a speed walk and slow walk.
  • shewanna
    shewanna Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do leslie sansone and treadmill..and I get at least 8000 steps on my job as a c.n.a
  • Samleishel459
    Samleishel459 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tony, I never heard it explained that way. It makes sense the way you put it. I am doing intervals walking and yesterday I did them on the elliptical machine. I feel stronger and I'm hoping by Monday (my weigh day) I will have lost a pound or too. I've been stagnant.

I don't have a diet plan I just watch my calories. I make the majority of my food at home so that makes it a lot easier.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Interval training mimics sports - start-and-stop motions with periods of sprinting or close-to-sprinting speeds followed by light jogging or rest. You can use interval training workouts any way you want - running, cycling, swimming, on elliptical trainers, even walking if you alternate a speed walk and slow walk.
    Thank you Tony, sounds great! I will try it :wink: