OKC Memorial Marathon ~ April 29

Options
LJCannon
LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
Not sure if anyone has posted about this already? My husband and I are signed up to WALK the 5K at the OKC Memorial Marathon. Is any one else planning to be there? We could meet under the Survivor Tree.

Replies

• Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Haven't signed up, but am planning on walking the 1/2 marathon. up to 8 miles at 15 min mile
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: Just sent in Our Registration on Saturday. Doing the 5K again. We are planning to finish in 50 minutes. Would love to meet up with you. My Nephew might be doing the Half. Not sure.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted about this already? My husband and I are signed up to WALK the 5K at the OKC Memorial Marathon. Is any one else planning to be there? We could meet under the Survivor Tree.

Walking the 5k sounds fabulous! Are there a lot of folks who do this?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    People come from all over the world to do the Marathon/5K. I am not sure how many Thousands of people participated last year, but I am sure that you can google it to find out. I do think you need to sign up early as they sell out fairly quickly.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    People come from all over the world to do the Marathon/5K. I am not sure how many Thousands of people participated last year, but I am sure that you can google it to find out. I do think you need to sign up early as they sell out fairly quickly.

I meant to say, do a lot of people WALK the 5k portion??--not ask whether a lot of people do the run. Ha. I'm from OKC; I see the participants all over the metro on this Sunday every year!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I believe that there are a lot of Walkers, but I don't have any Numbers I could give you. I do know that I have seen Familys with Small Children who are walking, as well as people with Strollers and -- I think -- Dogs on leashes.
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think that I will sign up! I know I can walk it...maybe even join the Color Me Rad 5k RUN!! I'm scared lol:blushing:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Don't be Scared!! Hubby and I will be walking the 5K in Oklahoma City And Sister and I are doing the Color Me Rad!! You will have a BLAST of Fun!!
  • BtheMommy
    BtheMommy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do that were do you sign up at?
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You can at okcmarathon.com :)
  • steffers151
    steffers151 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going to walk/run the 5K with his eight year old daughter. It's her first 5K, and she's REALLY excited!!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Whether you Walk or Run, ora Combination of Both, We can figure out someplace to meet before/after the Races. Maybe even meet some place near by for a Meal or Snack.
  • clrvlewis
    clrvlewis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just signed up... This will be our first time to participate in this Marathon and I am super excited.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have my confirmation and bib #. Walking the 1/2 marathaon, might jog a little. :)