Hungry!

Options
MaryinBflo
MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
Anyone else hungry?? LOL I am afraid to up my calories but I am eating my burned calories which I don't normally do.

Replies

• Stacyfit37
    Options
    YES!!! LOL I finally decided I need more calories when I found myself waking up in the middle of the night starving. Friday is my weigh in day....we will see how it goes. How many calories do you think we need to add???
  • MaryinBflo
    Options
    I don't know but if I went by the Insanity guide it says I should be eating 2400 cal;s to LOSE but that is high to me. I am keeping MFP at 1500 and adding in my exercise calories per my HRM.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I net about 1300 right now (a little low, but I'm experimenting) and eat back all of my exercise (most) calories. I eat about 1800 or so per day. I don't typically eat calorie dense food - because I love to eat so much. I eat huge salads, lots and lots of lean meat and steamed vegebables.......smoothies that are full of good protein and keep me full.
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    Whenever I stick to the guide I never lose weight. I have to keep it at about 1700 calories & if I eat any simple carbs I don't lose. I have to stick to lean protiens, mountauns of veggies & non sugary fruit. I have to be careful because I get really hungry too & that's when I can blow it big time. After about 2 or 3 weeks I start bringing my carbs up & it helps.
  • tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am unusally hungry tonight. I actually increased my calories last week to prepare for this. I never ate all of them until today.

Tarsha
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure what to do yet as i just came off of a period of eating too much and i don't want to start that trend again. right now i try to eat between 1550-1600 but i also want to drop about 5 more lbs. if i get there after the 1st month of insanity, i am planning on increasing caloreis. i'm sure we'll definitely need to for month 2!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, 27 years old, and 201 pounds and I eat 2,400 to lose weight and up to 2,900 (to maintain) unless I do a double workout one day (Insanity and zumba) and then I eat more. I'm starving unless I eat that much - gotta fuel my body!
  • MaryinBflo
    Options
    I am 5'6, 27 years old, and 201 pounds and I eat 2,400 to lose weight and up to 2,900 (to maintain) unless I do a double workout one day (Insanity and zumba) and then I eat more. I'm starving unless I eat that much - gotta fuel my body!

wow you lose eating that much? I also have hypothyroid which even though it's regulated if I eat evena little over my calories I gain weight.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yep! When I first started MFP at 239 I was eating 1600 - that worked for awhile, but then I plateaued for a long time. I got a body media fit, figured out what I really burn, upped my calories, and am feeling a trillion times better! As of late I've been really hungry so I've been eating maintenance (not entirely on purpose) and my weight hasn't changed.
  • stevenmancini
    Options
    If I am starving I snack on some carrots or Spinach...