April 4, 2012 Challenge for others

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Since this is a holiday season coming up and spring is in the air...let us ponder how we can open our minds!!!

I was thinking why do we only think of giving food to others around Christmas?! It should be all year. So my challenge to you is give some monetary donation, food items(you can always give healthier items) , or your time to a food bank/charity/church or a family you know who are struggling today! Why not?
If not today start thinking of it for the near future. Many will have big dinners with families this weekend but many will not especially our children.
Oh and btw, it does not have to be a lot to be meaningful! It may be as simple as giving the begger you see a sandwich. I had one ask for something when I was at a 7-Eleven once and he drank the whole tea right in front of me! So thirsty.

So, as we worry about what we eat and how much...let us think of others who may not eat at all.

Peace,
WW

PS let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Great idea :-)
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great idea....love it!!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    We have a big xmas tree in our malls ... and it is where you can put a present under the tree for the less fortunate kids out there. Something i am encouraging my kids to do every year and gives you a warm fuzzy. i love it