4/4/12 Check-in

Options
So, how was everyone's day yesterday? Did you stick to your goals for the day? Does it seem to be paying off this morning? Any frustrations from yesterday you'd like to air out?

Replies

• FHerndon01
    Options
    It was a good day overall. I think the biggest issue I had yesterday was still not eating back enough of my exercise calories and being higher in a few areas than I would have liked to. I feel the inches coming off - but I have been pushing myself to avoid weighing in daily and sticking to once a week. I will be weighing in Saturday morning and hoping for a loss.

Exercise wise I kicked my own *kitten* last night. It was legs night at the gym. In addition I did do my core exercises. Cardio wise I was on fire. I get up at 4:30 every morning and I rode for 50 minutes. At the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I have been bumping up the resistance and speed on both every day and it's been awesome. After leaving the gym our daughter wanted to go walk so my husband, sister in law, my daughter, and myself went and walked around the track at the local community college. We did about an additional 1.25 miles there. I felt so energized and so on fire. I wanted to keep going. Adding in the 30 minutes on the treadmill has done wonders for me. I can feel the issues with my achilles tendon going away as my legs get stronger. My sister in law is now working out with us when she can and I'm hoping she will stick with it. Looking forward to more today.

Our gym is closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday for a combination of some reflooring and the Easter holiday. It's going to be a big test for me. I'm going to start training for the 5k during that time frame. Most of my cardio is going to come from walking/running so it's going to be a welcome change/challenge.

Enough rambling from me! :)
  • lauriemeridith83
    lauriemeridith83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job! You had a GREAT day yesterday! I hope it motivates you to have a GREAT day today and into this weekend!

I had a kinda rough day yesterday. My blood sugar bottomed out (I'm sure it had nothing to do with only have 1 1/2 Tbs of oat bran in the morning and a b/s chicken breast for lunch) and work was terrible after that. I drank a slim fast to get my sugar back up and that seemed to help.

I had decided to grill steaks for supper because I couldn't stomach another piece of chicken (I really don't like white meat), but unfortunately, it started storming on my way home (the storms that hit Dallas yesterday made their way to Louisiana), so instead I boiled shrimp, and boy was it yummy (and still yummy today for lunch). I was on the phone with my husband on the way home, and he was trying to get me to cheat since my sugar was low, but I was determined not to. And it paid off. I lost .8 pounds yesterday (the lowest so far this week), but with me having had the slim fast, I wasn't expecting any loss. Woohoo!
  • missartthang
    missartthang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Laurie! Thanks for asking :) Good day yesterday. Made myself go to the park although my car repairs had me feeling down and sluggish-my workouts always change my outlooks, I've noticed. So these days when I'm feeling down, I just start MOVING! :) Heading to Zumba this afternoon=guaranteed party and lots of calories burned!:happy:
  • mamaking2012
    mamaking2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Didnt eat that much yesterday..being outside all day with family...and somehow put on 4 pounds overnight...very upsetting.
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Didnt eat that much yesterday..being outside all day with family...and somehow put on 4 pounds overnight...very upsetting.

I hardly ate anything over the weekend and put on 2lbs! It just goes to show that you need to eat regularly otherwise your body clings to every bit of energy it can get!

Dont worry hun! Drink lots of water over the next couple of days so that you can eliminate any water retention you might have and just start fresh from today! Those 4lbs will drop right off again! I know you can do it...DONT GIVE UP! We're all right behind you! :flowerforyou:

xxxx