How do you get.....

Options
megsybk
megsybk Posts: 27 Member
you liquids?? When I did weight watchers a couple years ago, they said that it didn't matter what you were drinking, as long as you were drinking. I have a hard time drinking just water... but, I LOVE crystal light iced tea. Can I count that when I'm counting my water?

I also drink unsweetened tea with splenda and lemon. Please tell me yes!!! =)

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee, but I do drink a lot of hot green tea at work (with nothing in it) that I count as water. I also drink a ton of plain water too and if I don't I feel like crap. I'd count crystal light and unsweetened tea as water. Even if it just gets you used to drinking water as opposed to soda...
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I drink water... and primarily only water. I would rather eat my cals than drink them. and I drink anywhere from 190oz to 240oz of just plain old water every single day. I have a 24oz hard plastic cup I drink from at work all day (I pee every 45-60 mins when my cup is empty, and every time I pee I fill up the cup again). If you just start doing it, your body begins to crave it and it becomes a normal daily activity.
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water per day, sometimes more, and I usually have 3 or 4 cups of tea. :)
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I drink herbal tea also during the day, but I don't count that since I add truvia to it. I add lemon or lime slices to my water though and I find that I drink more. I has also tried adding orange slices, tangerine and cucumber and mint. All made me drink faster or so it felt like. lol!
  • sharistime
    Options
    I fill a 32 oz container with water and add a tablespoon of lemon juice concentrate and apple cider vinegar and about a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice then I add about an 1/8 of a tsp of stevia extract powder. It's not very sweet, but it's better than plain water and the lemon and apple cider vinegar (organic kind) is supposed to prevent kidney stones which my mother gets and I DON'T WANT!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and coffee/tea most days. Occasionally, I'll have lactose free milk.

I don't like the taste of plain water, but I drink it anyway. It's mind over matter. Water is good for you. It's much better for you than all the chemicals you put in your body via crystal light and other artificially sweetened low calorie beverages. Trust me, you get used to the taste of water.

I don't track my water intake. I drink when I am thirsty, and I monitor the color of my urine. If it is dark I drink more water. If it is a pale yellow I know I'm good. If it is clear and I'm peeing frequently, I know I am over-hydrated. This works much better of me than just trying to chug a random amount of water. Then again, I'm on a medication that throws my electrolytes out of balance. It can be dangerous for me to drink too much water.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water thru the day as well as black coffee as I also would rather eat my cals than to drink them. I don't count the coffee as water usually. I think that things like crystal light and hot tea would count as water though just be sure to log the extras like honey or the cals in the crystal light:)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can count coffee, tea, and the little added mixes as water.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I add the crystal light packets sometimes to my water and it's only like 10 calories extra. I count that water as my water for the day. If I have unsweetened tea I don't count that though. I also started using Ideal sweetener in my tea, it tastes like sugar and it has zero calories. Hope this helps......

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods