Longest Ride.....

Options
babytis
babytis Posts: 326 Member
Please share with us your longest ride:)

Replies

• cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    62 miles on a hybrid, in 30 says I will get to say iv done 86 in one day
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Twice, I did a ride with my brother. It's called the STP, and is annual ride from Seattle to Portland...205miles. You had the option to do it in one day, but we split it up into two days...134 miles the first day, then 71 miles to the finish on the second. Awesome ride, well supported. The annual Group Health STP, google it.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    At this time my longest ride is only about 50km, but I hope to do a few 100 + km rides this summer on the road bike.
    In the past my commuter bike was just not set up for riding more than 20 or 30 km's in a day.
  • TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband and I took a weekend to ride around Lake Pepin in MN/WI. It was one of the most beautiful rides I've ever been on. Bluff country can really take it out of you, but the down-hills are worth the effort. Also, if you're in the area, there is a nice orchard/cidery/winery near Maiden Rock. You have to climb one of the worst hills I've ever walked up, but again, well worth it for the treats. Planning on doubling it this year. Maybe doing the whole loop in a day?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Cannon+falls+mn&daddr=Red+Wing,+Mn+to:Lake+City,+MN+to:Wabasha,+MN+to:Maiden+Rock,+WI+to:Red+Wing,+MN+to:Cannon+Falls,+MN&hl=en&sll=44.486709,-92.458191&sspn=1.136479,1.757812&geocode=FR8fpwId9F92-ikZ_UIL6KL3hzHGI1DRpJMvmw;FTUGqAIdhP97-ilf2sec1Ij3hzGJ2ztJzT8gIg;FRI-pgIdPR-A-im5mOB8iDH4hzFUskGrjo7_hg;FT0MpQIdpZuD-inVPGJhKLP5hzEQfqwIicJTxQ;FaHxpwIdh3d_-ilTbQyU1iT4hzHXIGMIpa0m-w;FTUGqAIdhP97-ilf2sec1Ij3hzGJ2ztJzT8gIg;FR8fpwId9F92-ikZ_UIL6KL3hzHGI1DRpJMvmw&oq=Cannon+fal&mra=ls&t=m&z=9
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've done plenty of centuries 100+miles. I signed up for about 9 this year. Easiest will probable be the "ride to montauk" I average about 17mph on that ride its pretty much FLAT... All others with elevation change of 6000ft or more I average about 14-15mph.
  • doji52
    doji52 Posts: 4
    Options
    The Texas Hotter the Hell 100, last year at 51 it was 112 when I cross the finish line
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did the Triple By Pass ride in Colorado last year. I made it half way (60) miles over almost 2 mountain passes. I am a flat lander from Nebraska so the altitude did not
    help. I also did my first century ride last year. TBP 60 miles was by far more challenging!
  • babytis
    Options
    My longest ride to date is 127 miles during the summer of 2010. I've already done 2 centuries this season which makes that 5 for me, but I plan on doing a few more this season. I'm calling this season my CENTURY YEAR ;)
  • TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/93689505
    Boom! 100 miles of fresh gravel, 25-30 mph headwinds, gusts over 40, 90 degree heat, and TANDEM-ONIUM!
  • kalel1965
    kalel1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In 2010, I did the MS150. I was at the 138 mile mark when my quads locked up bad. The medical staff would not let me continue. I have signed up to do the race again this year - after taking a year off to do the century ride for the Tour de Cure. My goal is to finish all 150 miles of this ride.
  • boofylouise
    Options
    New to the site & the group... Longest ride in a day, 110 miles, longest ride was 2,316 from Moab, UT to Buffalo, NY. That took more than a day!
  • babytis
    Options
    New to the site & the group... Longest ride in a day, 110 miles, longest ride was 2,316 from Moab, UT to Buffalo, NY. That took more than a day!

Wow 2,316 that would be so cool. I dream that someday I can do a multi day ride even half as long!
  • ButterSlinky77
    Options
    56 miles for a charity ride, but I'm planning a century in may this year...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Twice, I did a ride with my brother. It's called the STP, and is annual ride from Seattle to Portland...205miles. You had the option to do it in one day, but we split it up into two days...134 miles the first day, then 71 miles to the finish on the second. Awesome ride, well supported. The annual Group Health STP, google it.

I want to try this ride next year! There are a couple of us that are starting to train for the STP for 2014. My longest ride so far is 87 miles but my work schedule lately means 54 has been my limit for the last year. (Working seven days a week).