Ankle Pain - anyone else?

Options
FitMama2013
FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
Hey! I just started week 2 of Insanity and have a question for y'all...when I'm doing warmup on each of the videos, the tendons right above my ankles on both legs are SCREAMING and really bother me. After the stretch, though, I'm alot better. I've tried stretching before the video but it still kills me - are any of y'all having the same issues? I push through, but damn it hurts.

I've been icing and taking anti-inflammatories, but it's not really helping. I wonder if I should do a warmup for the warmup? haha...

Replies

• mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    I have issues with the warmup also. It hurts more in my calves. Sometimes it's so bad I want to stop, then in the last set it starts to go away. I wish I could tell you what it is. I think for me it's a combination of my weight & the type of move you do during the warmup. Butt kicks kill me!!!! Great job to stick with it!!! That's Awesome!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback!!! I'm in the middle of week 2 and today I decided to do the P90X warmup before I did Insanity to see if it helped...it only added on a few minutes, but BOY did it help. It's just a little less intense and allows me to stretch first, and then I did the Insanity warmup and workout. I think it's just too much too fast for me, but if I do something else first it really helps.

I also laced my shoes differently to provide more support at the ankle, so I think that helped too!
  • mbielak
    mbielak Posts: 47
    Options
    Good choice. I warm up & stretch 1st. I think it is to much to fast without a good stretch. I also do extra stretching afterward. Something that I like to do (since you have P90X) on my rest day is X Stretch. It has really helped me, after 2 or 3 weeks of Insanity I start to get sore. I also have bad ankles & have to wear high tops, then my knee brace. Have to put my armor on lol. Glad it has worked for you. It makes it easier to push play. Way to go!!!!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i'm not really having those issues, but i do have cracking knees. you may want to make sure your athletic shoes aren't the cause too. sometimes if they are not supportive enough that can happen.