Mini Goals

Does anyone have any mini goals? I haven't made any goals except my end goal, and I'm starting to realize that setting some mini milestones along the way may be really good motivators.

I still need to think on deciding what my mini goals should be...

So -- what are yours?

Replies

• i think thats a great idea! One of mine is when I lose 25 more pounds (for a total of 50) I will buy me some Nike Running shorts, I've always wanted a pair but I've always been to self conscious to wear them!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    This is a great idea!
    My current mini goals:
    1. To try my hardest to drink 8 full glasses of water every day :\
    2. To try to make each week a good one, meaning that if I fall of the wagon for a day, or even two, I kick it back in gear to make up for them.
    3. I wanted to reach my half way mark (37.5 lbs) by the time I am done with school. (which is in one week!)
    4. A not-so-mini goal, I want to reach 50 lbs lost by the end of the summer! :D

I chose these mini-goals because they are completely achievable, so if I do not make them, I can look at what it was that I did to sabotage myself, and hopefully correct the situation and meet the next goal I set for myself!
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    I set up a bunch of mini goals. like getting to each of my kids' pre baby weight, Getting to wonderland, Losing 31 lbs this year before my 31st birthday. reaching 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of my weight loss goal. So really I have a mini goal about every10#. Each goal has a reward attached like a new outfit, a pedicure, ordering my expensive arbonne products. I am half a lb away from pre samuel baby weight and a pedicure.
  • Autumn23242
    Autumn23242 Posts: 28 Member
    My main mini goal is to reach 260lbs for June 1st when i go away to Jasper for the weekend!

This weeks NS mini goals are:
    - Fast pace walk / jog for 5 hours this week
    - 2 hours of aerobics to work my abs
    - drink my 8 glasses of water each day (always tough for me!)

also my elliptical is on the fritz this week until a part comes in so this will be a tricky week for me!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    My mini goal for this week is to get out of he 190's for next week's weigh in!! When I do, I'll jump for joy and count that as my exercise for he day!!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    I created a weight loss schedule that give me little rewards along the way.....for every 10 pounds lost. The more I lose the bigger my reward gets. My ultimate reward once I reach my goal weight is a shopping spree and I set aside a certain amount of money from each paycheck for that shopping spree!!!