CREATING WORKOUT PLAYLISTS...WILL GLADLY SHARE!

Options
TwoSpirits
TwoSpirits Posts: 25 Member
I am currently putting together some playlists that consist of 80s rock/metal up to the present. I'm mixing them together two at a time where one will fade out and the other one will come in...sort of like what you would hear on a hard rock/metal FM radio station. They've come really kewl. If you want to try this...its a lot of fun mix and splicing them together. I use a "free" audio mixing software called WavePad...you can download it online...it's free and its an awesome sortware that does so much more than just mixing. YOu can speed up songs...slow down songs...change the pitch, which works well for musicians like myself who like jamming to a particular song, but the song is recorded a half step off 440 tuning....and I just recently discoverd the mixing tool for spicing songs together and its a lot of fun to do it and then listen to your creation. Anyhoo, some of the bands that I'm using are:

Dead Can Dance (used for warm up, stretching, getting mindset for workout & for cool down at the end)
AC/DC
Black N Blue
Def Leppard
Ozzy
Pat Benetar
Rhino Bucket
Sammy Hagar
Accept
Annihilator
DIO
Lords of Acid
Damn Yankees
Britny Fox
Ted Tugent
Delerium (used for warm up, stretching, getting the mindset right for workout & for cool down and relaxation at the end)
Sisters of Mercy
Quiet Riot
White Zombie
Metallica
Disturbed
Drain S.T.H.
Dokken
Enigma (for workout, warm up, stretching, cool down)
Velvet Revolver
RATT

and many many more.

I am putting together 3 beginners mixes, which are songs at a slower pace...5 intermediate & 3 advanced. When the project is complete, I will probably put them in my drop box or somewhere else online for people to use if they want. Anybody who is interested in them, let me know and I will gladly share them with you...no cost...:~)

Replies

• TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park have some awesome songs for workout playlists. "Catalyst" for one. Trivium's "In Waves" is cool for weight lifting.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Some Guns 'n' Roses songs are great for workouts - Paradise City has great fast solos and slower singing parts, great for weights.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I would say Buckcherry and the new VH album are my current faves on my cardio playlist.