Bike Light

unrulygurl
unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
What's a good bike light to not only be seen but see? I've got some dark country roads to ride on.

Replies

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    I wear a Serfas True 150 on my helmet, so I can look and see anywhere. I wear a Serfas True 250 on my handlebars so I can see straight ahead. I have a Light Motion VIS 180 on the back of the bike. I live in the country, and people say they can see me for miles. I'm blind as a bat, but I feel like I can see enough to ride safely with this configuration. All three of these lights are USB rechargeable which is important to me. Best of luck.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Ditto Light Motion - I have an urban 300 lums on the front which is great
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks all. Now to worry about the wild animals. The cops I work with think I should ride armed with more than my pepper spray. Not sure if it's a cop thing or a Texas thing. :laugh:
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Might be a little late, but go to your bike shop, REI or other such store. Take them into the bathroom, shut off the lights, and see which one you like. I did this and ended up getting a cycolight mighty cross. It is brighter than some cars low beams. I have to watch where I shine it, some cars flash their brights at me. Living out in the country with no overhead lights, it was great to use this past winter.