Hello!!

Options
Hey Everyone!!
I wanted to start this group for people that are doing Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire, or have done it before. This way we can all support each other through the program.
I started with Turbo Jam a few weeks ago to get myself ready for Turbo Fire and it helped. Turbo Jam has helped me get the correct form down and helped with getting used to the routines. Now Im just doing Turbo Fire but Im starting with the prep schedule. Im on my last day of week 1. I want to go through all 20 weeks.

I've heard lots of great things about this program so Im excited to see how it works for me.

Please join the group and we can form a great support team! :smile:

Kelly

Replies

• emmyjo12
    emmyjo12 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello Hello!
    I also just started Turbo Fire! I love it!

I am just starting week 2 today! I also had done turbo jam before and I really loved it so when I learned about Turbo Fire I got really excited! Having previously done Turbo jam, it really does help with the form and knowing some of the terminology that she uses.

I did the fire 45 video today and I think it is my favorite so far! I also want to do the full 20 weeks.

I have my brothers wedding at the end of june, and I also thought it would be a good kick start to feeling good for summer!

I'm glad I found this group.... The extra motivation couldn't hurt!!

Megan
  • fakeginger
    fakeginger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm just about done with my first month of Turbo Fire and I love it. Did you guys order the advanced DVDs? I've been trying to decide if I want to spend the money or if I should move on to something else (CLX or Insanity).
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    Hi! I'm finishing up week 3 today so I'm a bit ahead of both of you but LOVING IT so far. I think FIRE 45 or FIRE 45 EZ is my favorite. I also really like FIRE 55 EZ. :) I have the extra DVDs so I'm doing the 20 week program too.
  • leengrl149
    Options
    I just joined this group! Cool! I have all the Turbo Jam DVDs, and TOTALLY want to get the Turbo Fire....I just ordered the Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation though. I LOVE watching all the infomercials on Turbo Fire...so motivating and I love Chalene! I just joined MFP last Thursday and am loving it. Thank you so much for starting this group! I am currently doing Brazil Butt Lift, and loving it, too! I'm on the 2nd week and working it hard and sticking to the calendar STRICT! I have alot to lose, and am loving the exercise!
  • kellabella83
    Options
    I just joined this group! Cool! I have all the Turbo Jam DVDs, and TOTALLY want to get the Turbo Fire....I just ordered the Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation though. I LOVE watching all the infomercials on Turbo Fire...so motivating and I love Chalene! I just joined MFP last Thursday and am loving it. Thank you so much for starting this group! I am currently doing Brazil Butt Lift, and loving it, too! I'm on the 2nd week and working it hard and sticking to the calendar STRICT! I have alot to lose, and am loving the exercise!

I did Turbo Jam before starting Turbo Fire and loved it. If you liked Turbo Jam you'll definitely like Turbo Fire. I have the Zumba Total Body dvd's and the newer ones, Exhilarate. I love all Zumba, it's so fun! But I realized that I can't loose all the weight I want to just doing Zumba. I've tried the Brazil Butt Lift and like it. I have so many different programs but obviously can't fit them all in. So for now Im sticking with Turbo Fire, I think Im working the hardest and burning the most calories with that.
  • leengrl149
    Options
    Exhiliarate wasn't getting NEAR the good reviews as was Total Body Transformation. What do you think? After Zumba, I will definitely be getting Turbo Fire....so there is an advanced Turbo Fire as well??
  • claireb12
    claireb12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'm soo excited, starting Turbo Fire tomorrow morning, was meant to start this last Monday which I did but stopped Wednesday due to a sick bug & back to full working order come Friday but thought I may as well have a few more rest days and start again Monday (tomorrow) - I did 30 day shred with Turbo Jam and much preferred Turbo Jam so should love Turbo Fire, I've been watching the workouts, however I'm also going to do Kettlebell 3 times a week and weights on Sunday - and have one rest day a week on the Saturday............I will have a bikini bod come Saturday and banish this cellulite!!!
  • Bpowell76
    Bpowell76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just join MFP going on 2 weeks. Started TF and gotta tell you they are kicking my butt. I'm looking for results. Look forward to our chats and good luck.
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am doing some Turbo Fire with my ChaLean Extreme program. I mainly do the 55 EZ and the Fire 30, but I will throw in a few others every once in a while to switch things up. I started with a borrowed copy of Turbo Jam to learn the basic moves and terminology and found it very helpful. I love the calorie burn and muscle soreness I get fromt he Turbo Fire workouts!

I love ChaLean as an instructor! She is just to perky and motivational without seeming fake. Her strength program is also wonderful, so those of you that are wondering about that, it is everything you expect from her. I started out lifting 3lb weights and am in week... 5 at 15lbs for most of the lifts.
  • BeckHumes
    Options
    Made it through a few weeks of Turbo Fire a few months ago and loved it. I'm excited to start tomorrow, just got done meal planning and making my shopping list for the week. Hooray :-)
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting Week 2. I have almost 100 pounds to lose. I've had the program for over a year now and I've never completed the 20 weeks. I'm determined to see this all the way through this time!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had finished TURBOFIRE. After I am done doing this hip hop abs I am doing my hybrid of ChaLEAN Extreme& TurboFire ♥
  • daniejarvis
    daniejarvis Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey, new to the group- just finished my first week of Turbo Jam ' the intro" week and man its a workout! I kinda of did my own schedule because I didnt start on monday as the calendar shows- Ive done Fire 30 and HIIT 15 all last week. Im going to do another round of the "Intro" and do them all as the workout schedule shows. i just love the HIIT 15- fast and intense! Well its Awesome to see other people doing the same workout as me! Yay!
  • kellabella83
    Options
    Currently, Im just doing the Turbo Fire program and I've been wondering if her sculpt classes were enough strength training or if I should add my own workouts in. Are you talking about her sculpt and core dvd's that come with the set. I am using 3lb weights now but think I need to go up to 5lbs.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I discovered Turbo Jam several years ago but lost my DVD. For mother's day last year, my husband gave me the whole Turbo Fire set. I love the work outs but they really bother my knee. I tore my miniscus 2 years ago playing basketball. Everyhting will feel fine. I do Turbo Fire and it begins aching. I am going to try it tonight with a kneww brace to see if that helps. ANyone else having any knee problems from this? What am I doing wrong!?!
  • daniejarvis
    daniejarvis Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Intense Cardio One, is there a difference?
  • emmyjo12
    Options
    I just did the sculpt last night for the first time, I already had the band. I am pretty out of shape so I am sore just from doing the sculpt, but If I were you, I would probably just use the 5 lb weights for more of a challenge! Ive seen your workout diary... I think you can handle it! :wink:
  • emmyjo12
    Options
    Currently, Im just doing the Turbo Fire program and I've been wondering if her sculpt classes were enough strength training or if I should add my own workouts in. Are you talking about her sculpt and core dvd's that come with the set. I am using 3lb weights now but think I need to go up to 5lbs.

I just did the sculpt last night for the first time, I already had the band. I am pretty out of shape so I am sore just from doing the sculpt, but If I were you, I would probably just use the 5 lb weights for more of a challenge! Ive seen your workout diary... I think you can handle it! :-)
  • kellabella83
    Options

I just did the sculpt last night for the first time, I already had the band. I am pretty out of shape so I am sore just from doing the sculpt, but If I were you, I would probably just use the 5 lb weights for more of a challenge! Ive seen your workout diary... I think you can handle it! :-)

Thanks!! Good to know. I need to get the band though. Do you think they sell them anywhere local, like Walmart? I'm sure their cheaper then getting them from beachbody.com. You're right, I am going to upgrade to the 5lbs, the 3lbs aren't as much of a challenge anymore. Thanks for the advice!!
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I discovered Turbo Jam several years ago but lost my DVD. For mother's day last year, my husband gave me the whole Turbo Fire set. I love the work outs but they really bother my knee. I tore my miniscus 2 years ago playing basketball. Everyhting will feel fine. I do Turbo Fire and it begins aching. I am going to try it tonight with a kneww brace to see if that helps. ANyone else having any knee problems from this? What am I doing wrong!?!

Take it easy on the jumps and do the modified versions (follow the girl on the right - Ali, I think her name is). Also remember to pivot on the balls of your feet, not on your knees.

Also, I have found that her warmups are not very good - or at least not good enough for me. i will take 10 minutes to warm up on my own - my arches, shins, thighs, hamstrings, and low back before I even push play. HTH! Good luck on your journey!