Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Equal civil marriage consultation... England & Wales

Smiler106
Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
Sorry for the double post but it was important so I put it in both MFP groups who might be interested......

https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/v.asp?i=48356xhlqw

Listen up - in England & Wales the home office are holding a consultation on equal civil marriage. This is your chance to have your say, so take the time to do it!!

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Thanks for posting the link.

I got wed 17 months ago and that's exactly what the registrars called our civil ceremony, even though they were prevented from using the M-word.

While I don't agree with forcing churches to open up their doors to same-sex marriage if they don't want to, we should be allowed to call our legally recognised partnerships marriages and we should be allowed to incorporate some kind of religious or faith-based elements into our civil ceremonies if we so choose to.

Given the current incumbent government's love of stealth charges, I would have though they would be rubbing their hands together at the thought of all the civil partners who would happily pay the £10 charge or whatever admin fee was so decreed to have their partnership certificates converted to marriage certificates.