Back on the gerbil wheel...

Options
So I got back into WoW this weekend, playing on Thorium Brotherhood (A), anyone playing there? I have a few R/L friends on the server so that helps. I'm joining for two reasons. I need to do something when I'm not exercising, and I keep hearing all these damn people talk about romance on MMO's so I'm gonna get on it and see if I can find some geek love. :-D

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Nerd.
    Firefall.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Your t-shirt is so cute!!! :heart: the mushroom
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Nerd.
    Firefall.
    I've tried installing it 4 times. It keeps breaking. The download is messing up horribly. Sorry.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Your t-shirt is so cute!!! :heart: the mushroom

Thanks! I need to get more geek shirts to broadcast my geekiness!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I play still. Its fun as long as you don't let it interfere with your fitness goals.

Haha, I dunno about the romancing though. A friend of mine ended up meeting her boyfriend through MFP though so maybe you should just spend more time on this forum :huh:

Also, I need more geek shirts too. :/ and a job that lets me wear them to work.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Met my guy on wow during classic (vanilla, w/e you want to call it) BUT other guild members have began relationships with players from WoW and it turned out badly. It is a venue for social interaction just like a park or a mall or a bar or a dance parlor, I don't play wow anymore only because school + work + fitness doesn't leave me any time for it. Just be honest with your guildmates and don't be afraid to tell folks how you feel :)
  • sarah44254
    Options
    ps. I love that this year my guild leader and main tank are getting married <3 they were not an item when I played but have grown closer in the past 3 years. Playing a game with the same people for 6+ years can really build some fantastic friendship/relationships
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Met my guy on wow during classic (vanilla, w/e you want to call it) BUT other guild members have began relationships with players from WoW and it turned out badly. It is a venue for social interaction just like a park or a mall or a bar or a dance parlor, I don't play wow anymore only because school + work + fitness doesn't leave me any time for it. Just be honest with your guildmates and don't be afraid to tell folks how you feel :)

I am glad you chimed in there - I was thinking of you but I think you are the exception, not the rule. Also yeah i don't know how you fit in even what you DO in your schedule, let alone adding WoW to the mix.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Yeah, out of all of the guild mates that 'hooked up' or whatever you want to call it, only me and the ones getting married are left in standing relationships. Which is why I mentioned it is just like any other venue, lots of chances to meet people - good and bad. You might get your heart broken, you might be happier than you thought possible, the whole game of dating / love is such a risk but it is nice when you find a good one. :)

I did try 2 other guys from WoW before I ended up with mine, the one was solely online (didn't work out ,I need a hug sometimes!) and the other was a wreck.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Geek shirts!! I've got my eye on one that says "Jabba Hutt" instead of "Pizza Hutt"... and I wish they have this ---http://www.jinx.com/p/world_of_warcraft_murloc_youth_zip_up_hoodie.html?catid=&s=youth,warcraft in adult size :wink:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you. Many of my fellow guildies are together/married/parents because of WoW. Just look at Oxhorn, greatest geek ever and he got a great girl with a baby on the way. It gives geeks everywhere hope....

p.s. geek shirts rock!