Do you knit/crochet less..

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
As it warms up? Also, am I the only one whose knitting/crocheting has been put on the back burner since they started working out?

Replies

• leftycrafter
    leftycrafter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As it warms up (and where I live it warms up ALOT) I switch from things that lay in my lap to things like dishclothes, socks, hats, mittens. When it is 115 degrees outside there is no way I can have a blanket on my lap working on it.

My knitting/crocheting does get a smaller amount of time spent on it now that I am walking or riding my bike each night. But I still manage to do SOME crafting each night.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Yep, I haven't picked up my needles in 3 weeks. Makes me really sad. But Gardening and getting the yard in order, and getting back to my outdoor exercise activities takes priority. :)
  • meggiewes
    meggiewes Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't knit less, but my projects start getting smaller. I at least get a few rows done a day. On bad weeks I only knit on the weekend.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to ever have time anymore. I can barely fit in what I have to get done in one day let alone what i want to do. but I have a baby blanket, a bunch of hats, and a granny square blanket to finish asap!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been crocheting... um.... NONE since I started going to the gym. Sorry, hook! my excuses: gym, baby, husband, chores, internet... lol!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do knit/crochet less because I bead more... Beadwork=no heavy fibers to make me sweat...
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I still knit in the summer but my life gets so busy that I am only knitting a couple times a week. It's sad, but recently I have wanted to workout more that knit. :( I recently started a summer lace shawl and I work on that in the evenings for 30 minutes at nice to unwind from the day.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I never noticed before, but I definitely am now. Working on a sweater and I'm lucky if I get get a single round in a day. I do like to sit outside and read, but I've also just been exceptionally lazy. If I don't work that day, there isn't even a guarantee I'll bother with pants, let alone, knitting! :p
  • Mom23djd
    Mom23djd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Totally. Lots of things suffer around here with the warmer weather. My knitting...housework... :P It's too nice to be inside! Who wants to do housework when there are kids and yard work outside?

I have a cardigan that I'm trying desperately to get finished up. Will be perfect for my arctic air conditioned office this summer. I'm only down to the sleeves. I think I've managed to knit one row on one sleeve this week... :(
  • pudgiesmomma
    Options
    I currently have three crochet projects and one knit that i switch on an off. i have less time now that i have increased my fitness routine to the usual 45 minutes five days a week.
  • emkelly27
    emkelly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yeah i'm hoping to bring up my project back when summer begins i was crocheing a blanket. i pick it up every few months. some times it gets tireing. and i do try to make premature baby blankets in between. does anyone know how to do differnt styles then just blankets? or a different style other then a straight line blanket. i can do a double not as well. im talking a different designe or something in that area!
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I find if I can get out, I would rather do that, than sit inside and knit/crochet. When it's raining, and I'm watching tv, I'd rather knit/crochet than nibble in front of the tv :heart: