Possible stricture . . . EGD scheduled

Options
Well, after days of nausea and vomiting, being taken back to all-liquids (which did not help), I have been scheduled to have an EGD tomorrow to see if I have a stricture or kink that is causing a problem with my progressing to food. I almost hope it is a stricture as I am tired of having these issues. A stricture is treated by a balloon dilation which is non-invasive.

Replies

• promising_actress
    Options
    Oh no! Well, I hope things get sorted out.
    When did you have your VSG? I'm a little over a month out.
    So are you not able to keep any food down at all? You eat & it comes right back up or what?
    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Jennifer
  • springbound
    springbound Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ugh. Hope you feel better soon!
  • grisaille12
    Options
    My VSG was 2/23/2012 and my troubles started when I moved over to real food. I had no trouble with the liquid protein stage. But after I moved to soft food stage, I would eat very slowly and chew a LOT and followed all the rules <sigh> but after about 30 minutes of actue nausea, it would come up.

So I thought I was getting scoped today but it was the barium swallow and then they called this afternoon to say I needed to be scoped. My surgeon wants to do it himself and he is going out of town until next week. . . . so I get scoped next Friday. I will have to get by on liquids and liquid protein until then.

Thanks for your good thoughts :ohwell:
  • promising_actress
    Options
    Ugh, so sorry to hear! Hope everything turns out OK. I've had wicked heartburn & nausea lately, but nothing comes up. Even if I try to puke, it doesn't work.
    & we almost had our surgeries on the same day! You only got 4 days on me! :)

Again, my thoughts are with you - please keep us posted!