Head Wind

Options
This morning ride sucked, the wind was 330km per hour gusting up to 50.
I pushed through just because I know the tail wind on the way home tonight will be awesome!

ANyone else here try to ride everyday and what is your cut off for temp/wind-speed before you leave the bike at home?

Replies

• swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I ride everyday, just a few miles to school and back, and there really is no cutoff, I've got to get there.

As far as long training rides go, I only ride 3~4 days / week. I think my team/friends would murder me if I tried to do more, need recovery time! I have yet to not go on a planned training ride for weather related reasons.
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    when mother nature knocks me down. so I haven't quit yet. instead of riding on the open road with traffic I'll switch to the bike trail. I would rather be outside fighting the wind than inside on a trainer most days....
  • doji52
    doji52 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well My Friend I ride everyday after work I try to get in about 35 to 40 miles a day. And I have had my share of head winds. The best thing for a head wind is to get low on the handle bars and try to ride under the wind and then push hard. Great job on the weight lose keep riding