Feast or famine?

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Explain to me why again this happens???????????

I obviously prefer feast.......online talking to many guys, however, I don't have the abitlity to keep up with them. And, when I go on date with one, I feel like I am misleading the others. I know it is just a meeting, but still.......

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Haha, I can relate. I got off of POF about a month ago... I was getting nothing so figured, eh.
    Then the whole "change your age range" thing happened and started getting swamped. And it wasn't just guys whom now suddenly made the cut with the age range change.

As for feeling that you're misleading them, you're not. They're probably talking/ seeing other women. It's dating and discovery. You're getting to know the person.

If you've gone out with one and like him and vice versa than yeah, maybe it could be misleading if you've told him he's the only you're seeing but if it's not brought up well it's probably assumed.

When I date a guy from online, I assume he's dating other women... especially because I'd see them online chatting and it wasn't with me!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I had a guy friend explain it to me once. Usually when women start to date they become more confident about themselves which makes them more attractive to other men and then bam feast. Currently I have one guy that Isee alot (FWB) and a bunch of guys that I flirt with lol
  • timnca03
    timnca03 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have that problem. Lol As a guy, I typically only get one response for every 10 email I send, maybe I'm doing something wrong since I haven't been in the dating world for the past 8 years, but I've read similar things from others.

I read on one post someone made up a spreadsheet to keep track of things, always can give that a shot.

As far as feeling bad, dont! You know what they say about putting all your eggs in one basket. Afterall your just meeting/dating them, learning if you'll evetually be a match or not. I assure you they are doing the same thing. As time goes on and you can see a future with someone, then that's a different story.

Have fun, enjoy life, meet new people, the ONE for you is out there!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If you are open about the fact you are talking to and/or dating others as well then it shouldn`t matter.
    If a guy (or lady if the situation is reversed) can`t accept that it is their issue not yours.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think most people (especially using an online dating site) understand that you end up talking to or meeting quite a few people before anything takes off in a serious direction. Enjoy it while you have the feast and go after what you want.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I so can relate to this...and I actually am not sure which one is worse--feasting or famining? A few months ago I was feasting, and it's just not my cup of tea. I would rather date one or two guys at a time and focus on getting to know them then to dilute my time and energy with several. But with that said...feasting is a very rare occurance--thankfully!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    It is because you are a sweet and caring person .. that is why you care about what you are doing and how it affects other people. I think it is sweet.

That being said .. unless you start seeing one more than the others or liking one more than the others .. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You don't want to close yourself off to possibilities.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think when you start dating someone you feel a lot more confident, and you don't worry so much about appealing to the opposite sex, and then in turn they find that confidence alluring.

As the great Seth Cohen said: "So the first sixteen years of my life I have no women, now I have two."
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    A couple of you mentioned when with someone the confidence goes up, but you can't see confidence online, and currently that is the only way I meet people.- ...........welcome to SMALL TOWN, USA :)