Hello

Options
Have joined this group as it ticks all the boxes for me what with being 50 this year and nursing a bad back! But staying positive and finding this site a huge help with monitoring what I eat and staying motivated. Would love to hear from anyone especially those with back problems and how they keep positive/motivated x

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    We are a little slow right now but we are here for you. Jump in any time.

Glad you are here:flowerforyou:
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome-it's a process for all of us. Wishing you best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    Hello,my name is connie,and I'm sure ypur gonna like it here. I have a very bad back! I have two spinal cord injuries,spondylosis,myalga/mytosis,degenerative dic disease,(9disc that are gone)and to top it all off lesions on my spine,I dont really know what the lesions are tho The spinal cord injuries are bone spurs pinching off my spinal cord but I do have mobility,tho I do have to be careful not to fall as it can actually paralize me,that's what the drs tell me.I do the elliptical and the treadmill I can do those without the pain getting to out of controll.Listen to me going on&on. You will get lots of encouragement here in this group andthere are lots of people on the MFP site with tons of ideas to help you with just about anything you might need also lots of great recipes too. If you dont mind I will add you as a friend.
  • mmmmsalad
    Options
    My name is Julie. Your back sounds a lot worse than mine, I really do sympathise, and yet you sound a very happy person, despite that. I have had an op on my back but it didn't really achieve anything, in fact I think it would have been better not to have had anything done!! Great to have you as a friend x
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Julie good morning!!! What kind of life would I have if I let the pain get to me, When did you have your op? I had a neck fusion and it took two years for it to feel heal. I do my best to try to stay positive. Some days its hard tho.