Keep posting mamas.

Options
Looking at the members board seven of our group haven't logged in for a week or more, maybe we need more support for them. It's time to put ourselves first. I am a bit disappointed on the amount of posting going on. Come on girls you must have a burning issue or a niggle or a celebration?:drinker:

Driving back from wales yesterday, I thought again how my eating was influenced by my childhood. Treats after the dentist, if you don't finish your dinner or clear your plate, no sweets, blah blah.:cry: I don't want to pass on my poor eating habits to my children, how about you guys? So it's time to really think about them. Whats your bad eating habit? I eat too fast and usually watch telly or do something whilst I'm eating. Time for a change.:smile: I'm going to focus on my food and eat slowly.

Replies

• jeanneschoff
    Options
    My bad eatting habit is snacking at night! I'm guilty of letting my little ones do it too.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    New to the group here!! My biggest thing is snacking at night, as well! It's awful! Mindless grazing as I watch re-runs on TVLand or bad reality television. UGH! I do great all day and night time is the worst!!
  • ninacstevenson
    ninacstevenson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think that my main problems are portion size and snacking in the evenings. I've just started dieting again after a break of about 5 months & think that I'm in a better frame of mind at the moment to get some weight off.

I've got 4 girls, so I'm very conscious that I don't want to pass on my bad eating habits to them too - luckily my older 2 (aged 18 & 16) are size 10/12 and certainly not the dieting lunatic I was at their age, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the younger two!
  • 2bfit4fun
    2bfit4fun Posts: 12
    Options
    I self medicate with treats! At the end of a long day, working, taking care of family, working out, etc. I finally sit down in front of the boob tube and snack on chocolate, wine etc. feeling "entitled" to it. I earned it right? :) I have to make deliberate decision to go for the herbal tea instead.....

Thanks for calling me out. I haven't logged in for over a week! Family medical problems got me down....