Stacking P90x onto Insanity

Options
Has anyone added P90x onto insanity for 2-3 days/week? I do Insanity in the AM, and am into month 2, but really want some weight training to supplement it...any thoughts or experience? I don't want to over train, but I think 2-3 days/ week would be ok? I'm going to do a hybrid after I finish this, but want to get a taste of P90x to see if I'll like it.

Thanks

Mark

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I would wait until you're done with Insanity. You burn crazy amounts right now, and you need a surplus of calories to build muscles. You could, conceivably, add light weights in now as long as you're supplementing with tons of protein. You need to give your body time to recover, and two really intense work outs a day may cause you to seriously fatigue.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm with the above poster - I did P90X previously and I'm in month 1 of Insanity now. I plan to do a hybrid afterwards, but I wouldn't do both in the same day. I think it would just be alot of stress on my body!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have done the hybrid programs and this seems to work out well. BeachBody has worksheets for P90X / Insanity programs. I feel like you get the best of both programs with the hybrids.
    good luck
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    P90X has a doubles program included. You do cardio in the morning and weight training in the afternoon.
  • bplumb5
    bplumb5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did a P90x/Insanity hybrid program for 3 months. Basically I substituted all the P90x cardio workouts for Insanity ones, since even P90x plyometrics doesn't hold a candle to the easiest Insanity workout, in my opinion. My results were great. I didn't lose much weight (I don't have much to lose), but I made some pretty noticeable gains in muscle; of course, that is mostly attributed to the resistance in P90x, so it remains to be seen if substituting cardio for Insanity helped me out any. In my mind, it definitely did because I burn more calories doing Insanity than any cardio workout from P90x.

The schedule I followed is here: http://pledgetostayfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/hybrid-schedule1.png
  • markb283
    markb283 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks all. I decided not to stack them, just added some biking in there. I'm going to do a full round of P90x after I finish Insanity next week, then do a hybrid! :)