Formal Procedures

Options
2»

Replies

• scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    After reading through the previous posts, there seems to be a discrepancy in the proper spelling of our leaders title. Is it Poobah, Pooba or Puba?

Downsizinghoss, Can we have a ruling on the official spelling?
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I might qualify for janitor.....if it is not taken.
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    Da** I missed our first meeting...but if you look at my pics you'll see I have my lid ready for the next one :)
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Since I seem to be the only one from the Land of 10,000 lakes, I guess I am the Jr. Poobah for the great state of MN. And as my first order of business I declare that the Truffle Shuffle should be used only for special occasions! I like the convention in Vegas idea! That sounds like fun!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It seems like Poobah wins out on the spelling. LOL A convention would be fun. Can you imagine the jaws drop if they saw us all walk into a buffet together? :laugh:
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It seems like Poobah wins out on the spelling. LOL A convention would be fun. Can you imagine the jaws drop if they saw us all walk into a buffet together? :laugh:
    That would be awesome!!!!
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Funny story, I was hanging with a group of friends a few years ago, there was 5 of us all between 6'2" and 6'9" and the smallest guy was around 250lbs. We were at a busy pub for happy hour and we were sitting at the bar.

One thing led to another and a few of us started play fighting, wrestling by the bar, a crowd gathered and everyone of us was laughing, we all knew no one was going to get hurt.

The "doorman" who was probably 5'9" and a very well built 225 lb was pleading with us to stop. Almost a whine "come on guys, pleeeeease stop". The bartender started laughing at the doorman and was calling him out on his "doorman" skills.

Once we settled down, the doorman was asking us to all leave, we laughed, and before we could gather our coats to head out, the bartender told the doorman to apologize and noted that we had already spent about $200 on a tab, and looked like we were not ready to stop drinking and eating and said that if we were made to leave, the doorman could go home.

A few of us who had been doormen in previous lives, did say sorry to him and we continued to drink. The bartender said that he never felt safer than having us sitting at the bar in front of him and bought us a round.

I really would have loved to see what we looked like from the eyes of one of the "normal" patrons, it must have been something akin to a WWF event.

Ahhhh, the good old days.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Funny story, I was hanging with a group of friends a few years ago, there was 5 of us all between 6'2" and 6'9" and the smallest guy was around 250lbs. We were at a busy pub for happy hour and we were sitting at the bar.

One thing led to another and a few of us started play fighting, wrestling by the bar, a crowd gathered and everyone of us was laughing, we all knew no one was going to get hurt.

The "doorman" who was probably 5'9" and a very well built 225 lb was pleading with us to stop. Almost a whine "come on guys, pleeeeease stop". The bartender started laughing at the doorman and was calling him out on his "doorman" skills.

Once we settled down, the doorman was asking us to all leave, we laughed, and before we could gather our coats to head out, the bartender told the doorman to apologize and noted that we had already spent about $200 on a tab, and looked like we were not ready to stop drinking and eating and said that if we were made to leave, the doorman could go home.

A few of us who had been doormen in previous lives, did say sorry to him and we continued to drink. The bartender said that he never felt safer than having us sitting at the bar in front of him and bought us a round.

I really would have loved to see what we looked like from the eyes of one of the "normal" patrons, it must have been something akin to a WWF event.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

that sounds like fun,
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am loving this group already!!
    I am from the great state of Tennessee.
    Is the position of "flunkie" open?