Introductions

Options
londongirl2012
londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
Thanks to Giselle for starting this group :)
Ok so I am not sure if I qualify to join but I will post my reasons on here and hopefully be allowed to join.
I have always struggled with my weight and lost 18kg at the age of 14-16 and have tried to keep it off since, but always had a passion for food and not really enjoyed exercise.
Over the last 2-3 years I have slowly been eating more unhealthily/more and put on 5-6kg which on my 4ft 10 frame is visible and put me in to overweight category, although for south asians the BMI should be under 23.0 for health reasons. My BMI is currently 23.5 and would like it to be 21.5.
I have joined this year as I want to get healthy and have also been studying an MSc, and moved 200 miles to Leeds, and my family, friends and boyfriend are all in London. i like being independent as i get to make my own choices and eat what I want, but this has its downsides too as i can snack on unhealthy foods too without anyone knowing. I
like this site as I have a support network and logging makes me accountable, at first my diary as private but then i opened it to my friends as i realised no one was here to judge me and only to help me.
I am still struggling and since being home for easter bad habits are creeping back in to my diet but hoping that I will get encouragement and support and once i am back to uni next week my normal routine will be in place and eating a healthy breakfast and taking a packed lunch/snacks and trying to exercise. I want to start c25k as I have been recommended it by many and it doesn't sam to daunting for a 'non-exerciser' like myself.
Sorry to post so much, anyway hope I can help others with their issues and be a friend :) x