Welcome/Introductions

Options
Hi everyone. I wanted to first of all, thank you all for being such awesome motivators and friends before anything else :) You all rock. I absolutely adore you. I'm not sure how many of you know each other on here, but thi8s would definitely be a great way for some of my awesome friends to get to know each other, and at the same time, help each other excel. So I'm really excited!

Anyway, for those who do not know much about me:

I have recently been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (really long story), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Recurrent Major Depression. Besides this, family problems and love problems (another LONG story) have had me binge eating for the past couple of days. I was almost down to my goal weight and all of this took a toll on me and screwed it up! I am back up to 149 lbs after getting down to 143. I need to get down to my goal weight of 135 before the summer is over, so I need this as much as everyone else!

My ultimate goal: TO FEEL BETTER and look better!

Now, I ask YOU ladies, what would you like out of this group? Any suggestions are welcomed <3 Thanks!

XOXO
PeaceLuvVeggies

Replies

• live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your situation sounds VERY similar to mine! Thanks for starting this group and for the invite :)

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 12 (i refused to be put on prozac that young!) and again when I was 21 after my father died and was put on meds for 7 yrs, then went off of them almost 3 yrs ago. I got sick of taking them and felt like I could handle life pretty well without them. And I have, for the most part. But going off the meds was one of the reasons for my weight gain. Wellbutrin made me lose weight and keep it off. Bummer cause I don't want to depend on a pill for my sanity. But I might consider it again because life has once again become harder to deal with - family, marriage and career is like a rollercoaster. So, like you, I was binging to fill the void in my soul. It doesn't work. The only way we can fulfill the soul hunger is to feed it positivity and to love ourselves unconditionally.

I did an online course on Body Restoration (http://bravegirlsclub.com/body-restoration) I still haven't finished it, but it has helped A LOT and I really want to do the Soul Restoration one starting next week. Not sure if I have time though- it's time intensive, but I HIGHLY recommend at least signing up for their free email newsletter- it's amazing how right on and beautiful the words are. :)

I really need to FEEL better too. I just made an appointment with a holistic psychologist (who treats the mind, body and soul as a whole), so I'm SUPER excited to see how that goes. But I'd love to have support from others and give support to those that need it.

I feel like I'm running in place with my weight loss. It's been 3 years since I gained 30 lbs and have only lost 10 of it in the past 2 yrs, but it bounces up and down. I was down to 153 and now I'm back up to 158-160. I think I lie to myself when I say I don't know why I'm not losing. Stress and bingeing. I work out 5-6 days a week and eat plant-based super healthy food, but I almost always go over on my calories or 'forget' to log something. Chocolate is my weakness.

OMG I could write a book. A lot of this was what was going to go in my blog earlier before my internet crashed and I lost it all. Thanks for hearing me out! Hope I can be of support to you and others :flowerforyou:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your situation sounds VERY similar to mine! Thanks for starting this group and for the invite :)

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 12 (i refused to be put on prozac that young!) and again when I was 21 after my father died and was put on meds for 7 yrs, then went off of them almost 3 yrs ago. I got sick of taking them and felt like I could handle life pretty well without them. And I have, for the most part. But going off the meds was one of the reasons for my weight gain. Wellbutrin made me lose weight and keep it off. Bummer cause I don't want to depend on a pill for my sanity. But I might consider it again because life has once again become harder to deal with - family, marriage and career is like a rollercoaster. So, like you, I was binging to fill the void in my soul. It doesn't work. The only way we can fulfill the soul hunger is to feed it positivity and to love ourselves unconditionally.

I did an online course on Body Restoration (http://bravegirlsclub.com/body-restoration) I still haven't finished it, but it has helped A LOT and I really want to do the Soul Restoration one starting next week. Not sure if I have time though- it's time intensive, but I HIGHLY recommend at least signing up for their free email newsletter- it's amazing how right on and beautiful the words are. :)

I really need to FEEL better too. I just made an appointment with a holistic psychologist (who treats the mind, body and soul as a whole), so I'm SUPER excited to see how that goes. But I'd love to have support from others and give support to those that need it.

I feel like I'm running in place with my weight loss. It's been 3 years since I gained 30 lbs and have only lost 10 of it in the past 2 yrs, but it bounces up and down. I was down to 153 and now I'm back up to 158-160. I think I lie to myself when I say I don't know why I'm not losing. Stress and bingeing. I work out 5-6 days a week and eat plant-based super healthy food, but I almost always go over on my calories or 'forget' to log something. Chocolate is my weakness.

OMG I could write a book. A lot of this was what was going to go in my blog earlier before my internet crashed and I lost it all. Thanks for hearing me out! Hope I can be of support to you and others :flowerforyou:

We are definitely here for you! I just talked to a Psychologist last Saturday, she's referring me to a Psychiatrist who I have to make an appointment with (will do it tomorrow). I feel a lot better talking to someone but that doesn't really help any when you're being stressed out at home all the time. Ugh.

NOTE: Ladies please let me know what you'd like out of this group! Weekly challenges? Monthly challenges? Etc?? Let me know!!!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Giselle for starting this group :)
    Ok so I am not sure if I qualify to join but I will post my reasons on here and hopefully be allowed to join.
    I have always struggled with my weight and lost 18kg at the age of 14-16 and have tried to keep it off since, but always had a passion for food and not really enjoyed exercise.
    Over the last 2-3 years I have slowly been eating more unhealthily/more and put on 5-6kg which on my 4ft 10 frame is visible and put me in to overweight category, although for south asians the BMI should be under 23.0 for health reasons. My BMI is currently 23.5 and would like it to be 21.5.
    I have joined this year as I want to get healthy and have also been studying an MSc, and moved 200 miles to Leeds, and my family, friends and boyfriend are all in London. i like being independent as i get to make my own choices and eat what I want, but this has its downsides too as i can snack on unhealthy foods too without anyone knowing. I
    like this site as I have a support network and logging makes me accountable, at first my diary as private but then i opened it to my friends as i realised no one was here to judge me and only to help me.
    I am still struggling and since being home for easter bad habits are creeping back in to my diet but hoping that I will get encouragement and support and once i am back to uni next week my normal routine will be in place and eating a healthy breakfast and taking a packed lunch/snacks and trying to exercise. I want to start c25k as I have been recommended it by many and it doesn't sam to daunting for a 'non-exerciser' like myself.
    Sorry to post so much, anyway hope I can help others with their issues and be a friend :) x
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Challenges would be cool! :)
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for starting the group Giselle. :)

I have been struggling to manage my bipolar disorder for over a month and half now.
    I hit high manias when it makes it hard for me to even deal with living. This, of course, makes it hard for me to stick to my health and fitness goals. When I hit the mania it made it very hard to eat and sleep (among other things.) My eating went from about 1300 cals out of a 1500 average to about a 500-800 out of 1400 average. With all of my emotions very high strung it made it very hard for to stay on track. I feel like I've been whining about it on MFP forever so I'm hoping this group will provide me with some type of outlet to interact with people who are experiencing similar types of situations and to receive and give support to others like me and to see everyone reach their goals, including my own!

Feel free to add me.
    I love giving out support and I have an open diary.

<3
    Plushyyy