New to this group!

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
I joined MFP end of Jan of this year. I started the process of weight loss surgery mid Jan of 2012 and working towards a surgery date. I have gotten the ok from the Psych., Physical Therapist. I am sure my Nut. would sign off too since everytime I see her she says I am doing great and I bring in a week of MFP logs for her to look at and record. My local Bariatic program has a team approach and all members of the team have to approve you are ready for surgery before you get a surgery date and send your insurance paperwork in to be pre approved. They review cases every 2 weeks so I am hoping to hear the end of this month that I am getting a surgery date. Will have the sleeve done. Would like the surgery to be in July so I can take vacation time from work when it is slower at work.
I have been overweight all my life, I weighed over 11 pounds when I was born! I joined Weight Watchers at the age of 10 I think! I have never been at my correct weight. I wish I would have done this before being 48 years old. Even though overweight I am pretty active but lately my knees have been bothering me alot to the point my left knee needs a knee replacement but my knee dr told me I am too young for it so I am hoping the WLS will help me loose the weight and keep it off for good this time!

Glad I found this group!
I have lost 28 pounds using MFP to take my food intake, exercise and water.
Pam

Replies

• terribla
    terribla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam, My name is Terri. I know exactly what you are going through. I met with my surgeon in the middle of Jan. 2012 and was told I had to lose 40lbs among everything else that I had to do. So, I did everything and was able to have my surgery May 25, 2012. so I'm only a little over a month out, but working on getting enough protein and fluids in me. Would you like to add me to your friend list - I think we could be an encouragement to each other. Terri:happy: