When did you start running? Where are you now?

Options
Solislu
Solislu Posts: 24 Member
I just started running (well, jogging arduously if you want to be honest about it :) within this past month and the longest I have gone is 3 miles (30 min.) which I was quite proud of. The first day I set out, I was really just hoping to jog 3 min. without passing out! Where are you at?

-Lucy (31)
Mom of a 3-year old and 10-month old twins :-)

Replies

• temair13
    temair13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started jogging today! I've tried it before in the past, but being the smoker I was, I couldn't walk 3 mins without passing out, let alone jog. haha But I ran a full 3 mins today on my first day! And I haven't even been off cigs for a week yet! I can feel my lungs hurting though. How long did it take you to run 3 mins without feeling like you were going to die?
  • Solislu
    Solislu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    YAAAYY!! Congrats on stopping smoking!! What an amazing feeling that must be!! I haven't jogged/ran since COLLEGE...I may have attempted it a few times, then given up after a couple of days. I can't tell you how good it feels to have stuck with it!!
    Let's see...we're talking a nice, slooooowwww jog (really a matter of having my cardio up, not RUNNING hard)...I would jog about 10 min., then walk 10-15 for about a week. (every other day or so). On the off days, I was doing Jillian Michaels DVD's (which I'm sure was helping with endurance), then worked my way up to 15, then to 22...I have only done 30 min. once and am going to try again today! Have you seen the 'couch to 5k' chart?
  • temair13
    temair13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No!!! Where is this chart you speak of?! I want to see it!!! lol I need all the help I can get! I want to do a 5k Color Run in September on Labor Day. Which you don't have to run, but I want to be able to run the whole time. lol

And Thank you! It's more of a I want money more than I want cigs kind of quitting. But might as well go all the way with good health, not just halfass it.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    I started last night, using the couch 2 5k programme

You can download it from the internet, just google couch 2 5k, you also get iphone and android apps for it, that's what I used last night and it's great, you use your earphones for your music and then this voice tells you to start running, slow to brisk walking pace at certain intervals, it's great. I done 2.19k in 18 minutes, felt like I was going to die by the end of it haha

temair13 well done on the stopping smoking, I've been off them 328 days, best thing I have ever done