Crossfit Price..?

Options
2»

Replies

• super_soprano13
    Options
    yeah when I was looking at it I was like "I just graduated can I still get the student rate", our box owner here told me no. I was really sad because they have the student, the grad student/teacher rate and the regular at 99, 125, 150 respectively, plus as I'd be brand new I'd have to pay 100 for the foundations class. When I mentioned that I was just starting to look for teaching jobs and wasn't really sure he was like "well we can do the teacher rate no problem, job or not, you still earned the title." I guess because they're still a smaller box and I'm really...well...not a student anymore (that sounds SO weird, you have NO IDEA) they kinda need the funds. So I figure when I get paid I'm going to take the plunge. He explained that they will make sure after the first month that it's still something I want to do etc etc. So I figure, it's expensive, but it sounds like a good deal, they're open at 530am to some stupid time at night (college town) they do all these cool uh forums, I guess you could say, on health and stuff that are free or dirt cheap for box members, depending on what is involved. Seems cool.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Boxes in NYC are so expensive. I'm paying $180 a month for 3 classes a week.
  • kplima
    kplima Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pay $125/month for unlimited classes (student discount) and I go 4-5 days a week. I think it's worth it because at my old gym, I paid $60/month for membership - then I was in a small-group training class 2 days/week for another $30/week.

At Crossfit, every workout is like a small-group training class. We usually have no more than 6-8 people per class (I have been the only person before so it was like a personal training session). There are usually other trainers in the gym who encourage me during the WOD and work on my form in the strength training.

I've only been going 3-1/2 months and I am completely addicted!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I believe everything in NYC is expensive though, right?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I believe everything in NYC is expensive though, right?

Yeah, pretty much. It sucks lol.