*zumba*

Options
jamilian
jamilian Posts: 3 Member
hey lowcountry! im jami. (26/f/summerville orginally from illinois/iowa) and im a weekly ZUMBAer. i was wondering if anyone else does has tried this, as well as if anyone would like any info about it if interested. i do a 50 min workout 1-2xs a week which burns 749 calories each time. i also go to ZUMBA classes with a few friends on mondays or saturdays when i can. otherwise i have the videos to do it at home. ive also added the p90x ab ripper to my workouts (15 minutes=200 calories). im losing inches but not as much weight right now ive gone up and down because i cheat on the diet part some days. but im still losing cause my new pants and shorts are getting looser and i know ive lost 2+ inches in my hips and about 4 inches in my waist. im wondering who else does ZUMBA and how it works for you. if you want to know more about it just ask ?s thanks

jami

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i belong to world fitness in sangaree/goose creek. i go to zumba 2x a week, zumba toning 1x a week, werq 1x a week, C25K 3xs a week, just an all out gym visit free for all on sundays. saturdays i rest. i really enjoy zumba. last night was the first night for Gut & Butt. feeling some of it now 24 hours later. i had done werq just before, so pretty warmed up. next month they are starting kick boxing. looking forward to some mixing thing up.
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    I see where they have Zumba classes at the Wescott clubhouse in Summerville. I think it Costs 5 bucks to do it.
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    I toyed with the idea of doing it. They have..at least I think they still have it...a Zumba studio at Citadel Mall next to Target, but I was always a bit intimidated by it. I have absolutely no rhythm, and I didn't want to look like a dummy. :/
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    look through several churches that offer classes for free. Most will charge 5 dollars to attend. Charleston city and recreation offers classes for 5 dollars including several other classes of interest.
  • natural4ever2010
    natural4ever2010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go to Pivotal Fitness on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning and I love it.
  • TheLadyVorel
    Options
    I would totally love to do Zumba, but I haven't a clue as to where I should check out classes. I know at the intersection of 17A and college park road, they have a studio it's also a ballet studio... but not sure if it's a good place to start.... lol