Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friday update

MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
It's friday friday friday so we need an update. Any dates, going outs, etc you want to fill us in with?

Me: I have to work 5 hours tomorrow and do my long run for my half marathon training so nothing Saturday but I am debating on either going to a meet and greet through meetup.com or going to a bar that my friend always goes to. The only reason I haven't gone to the bar before is my friend lives in a town 25 minutes away that is very very small and everyone knows everyone there.

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Not feeling well today, so will stay in and REST...big day tomorrow...birthday celebration (yes, very late) with my cousin....Makeovers, and then dinner at PF Changs........yum!!.....then she says she has something "up her sleeve" for after....so should be fun. Sunday, shopping with a friend, AND have date scheduled for Tuesday with boy from POF!!!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Aww Minnes I bet you'll have a great time! And I hope you feel better, Moe! Good luck with your POF date on Tuesday.. La_Amazona and I have had amazing luck with our POF boys so far. :love: :flowerforyou:

As for my weekend plans.. tonight I'm going to my friend's bar for his and his fiancee's (also my good friend) "Gettin' Hitched" party. It should be a blast! I wish it wasn't too soon to bring Sugar Lips LOL, but it is.

Then Saturday I think SL and I are going golfing for real, then making pizza at his place. Sunday is always a rest day for me, but maybe I can squeeze a movie out of SL!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Going out with my sister tonight. FWB is away. So atleast 2 other guys are coming out to flirt tonight. And who ever else we can draw to our table. Probably go out again on saturday night. Then Sunday with my babies....:heart:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Missing, go to the meetup!!

Moe, yum on pf changs and party hardy girly!! Yay for date Tuesday!

As far as I'm concerned, tonight.. nada. I don't think, although Smiley is trying to get me to go fishing with him and his brother but they're going late and I don't want to crash their guys time. Plus I have to go do a defensive driving class tomorrow but he said it's not "safe" for me to be alone tonight- Friday the 13th. :blushing:
    Tomorrow I have DD class then hockey game. After the game we'll probably be going out somewhere.. not sure if alone or with his teammates.
    Sunday I have no plans but I was thinking of asking him out for a change.. :blushing: We talked about the movies so maybe I'll ask him out to watch one.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    I think I'm going out to dinner tonight with a guy friend. He's been talking about a Thai restaurant he's been wanting to try. I've never had Thai food? Any good recommendations for something healthy there??

Tomorrow my daughter wants me to go apartment hunting with her. She's ready to fly from the nest...and I'm not sure how I feel about that?? But she's 22, so I guess it's time.

No plans yet for Saturday evening...hmmmmmm. I refuse to stay home on another Saturday night!!
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Met a lady on POF we are going to meet up on Sunday for lunch and who knows. Other than that just chillin with my babies.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Met a lady on POF we are going to meet up on Sunday for lunch and who knows. Other than that just chillin with my babies.

Yay for dates!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Meh .. I got nothing. I am going to a boot camp class in the morning .. then cleaning, laundry and groceries .. lol. Sunday I am celebrating Easter with my family.

Ohh .. plus the Pens are playing tonight. lol
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Nothing really fun; I have an online test tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday, REALLY?) and spend some time with a good friend before he heads back to Dallas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & great times w/ their dates!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Seems like a lot of full weekends. No idea what I am doing tomorrow, something with the kiddo I imagine. I may or may not have a date with a guy from pof Sunday night. Why do I feel like talking about it here will jinx everything???? lol

I also have a 4 hour 1000 Homes training on Sunday and then MTW I will be starting work at 4 am for registry week. Someone shoot me now.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

Woot woot good luck!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Had a weird date last night, crawfish boil tonight (new group of singles...looking forward to meeting new guys), then driving to Dallas tomorrow for another crawfish boil (then going out man-hunting after), then a concert Sunday night (I invited a guy I'm getting to know but not sure about to join us). Not looking for love, but if I find it, I certainly won't say no!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Had a weird date last night, crawfish boil tonight (new group of singles...looking forward to meeting new guys), then driving to Dallas tomorrow for another crawfish boil (then going out man-hunting after), then a concert Sunday night (I invited a guy I'm getting to know but not sure about to join us). Not looking for love, but if I find it, I certainly won't say no!

You can't say "had a weird date last night" and not tell us more..............
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member

Uh YEAH!
  • MissingMinnesota

That's a lot of crawfish :drinker:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

Lol, sorry, I'm trying to stop spewing my life story on all the boards :laugh:

I say "weird" date not "bad" date because the guy seemed like a sweet guy, just with some very strong opinions that don't match my lifestyle. We kept getting into sad topics (like he gave up rights to his daughter) and I kept trying to turn it around. But he kept bringing up every bad thing in his life. The people at the table next to us kept laughing at us. He later said it was because he didn't want to play games and I might as well know up front so I can leave now before I break his heart. I told him some things are best learned over time or in private.

He's put on a lot of weight over the last couple years and developed some other health problems. I like 'em big'n'tall as long as they're still fit, but it bothered me that he seemed to accept it as a natural part of aging, and even said “nothing you can do about it.” It told him I didn’t think that was true, but didn’t change his mind.

Absolute deal breaker was when he said that in spite of his weight gained, poor knees, and limited ability to do all the fun, outdoorsy things, he only wanted a "fit" or "thin" woman.

I don't do hypocrisy. You don't get to enjoy the benefit of my working out (almost) every day to have a great body and don't put forth a similar amount of effort so that I have something to enjoy too.

Oh, and yes, it will be a lot of crawfish. But I’m planning on socializing, not eating. :wink:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    no plans :(
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    No fun plans. Heading to California on Sunday for about 10 days, so it's just laundry and packing ahead!

Did buy "Fifty Shades of Grey," must know what all the hype is about...

(I loooooove Pad Woon Sen for thai food... it's glass noodles with lots of veggies, might come with meat too, depending on the restaurant.) <3
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I was up at 3am to fly home this morning so I'll likely to be to bed early. And have absolutely no plans for the rest of the weekend, so likely stealing some time with my niece and catching up on cleaning and throwing old junk out.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member

Lol, sorry, I'm trying to stop spewing my life story on all the boards :laugh:

I say "weird" date not "bad" date because the guy seemed like a sweet guy, just with some very strong opinions that don't match my lifestyle. We kept getting into sad topics (like he gave up rights to his daughter) and I kept trying to turn it around. But he kept bringing up every bad thing in his life. The people at the table next to us kept laughing at us. He later said it was because he didn't want to play games and I might as well know up front so I can leave now before I break his heart. I told him some things are best learned over time or in private.

He's put on a lot of weight over the last couple years and developed some other health problems. I like 'em big'n'tall as long as they're still fit, but it bothered me that he seemed to accept it as a natural part of aging, and even said “nothing you can do about it.” It told him I didn’t think that was true, but didn’t change his mind.

Absolute deal breaker was when he said that in spite of his weight gained, poor knees, and limited ability to do all the fun, outdoorsy things, he only wanted a "fit" or "thin" woman.

I don't do hypocrisy. You don't get to enjoy the benefit of my working out (almost) every day to have a great body and don't put forth a similar amount of effort so that I have something to enjoy too.

Oh, and yes, it will be a lot of crawfish. But I’m planning on socializing, not eating. :wink:

Talk about a Donnie Downer.. sounds like.. not a winner. LOL yep next on to the next one!