POF question

Options
jend114
jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
How the heck do I block someone without them messaging me? My psyhco ex from high school is on there and I don't want him seeing me nevermind messaging me

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I would go to the help center and ask them. Yuck!!!!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    How the heck do I block someone without them messaging me? My psyhco ex from high school is on there and I don't want him seeing me nevermind messaging me

settings -> Profile privacy settings -> My friends only

Now only your friends can see your profile.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... on POF? doesn't POF have their own forum?
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There is a way to eliminate them from showing up in your results but I don't know if that takes you out of theirs. I know when I searched for men between 30-40 in my area, a guy I know in real life kept popping up so I clicked something on him to "remove from results" but maybe help desk will answer better. They usually emailed me soon after if I contacted them.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    eeeek I have no clue.. lol
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, the dating site I use has a block member feature. Not so sure about pof!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You could make your profile hidden, but that would hide you from everyone. Other than that, I believe you have to have a message in your inbox from the person in order to block them.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    POF has an option to block a member (I used it for a stalker), but if I remember, you have to give a reason from a list they offer. Once you do that though, they cannot send you a message or communicate and you can'T see them (I think they don't even see your profile anymore). It's been a while, but I think it appears when you open the person's profile (It's called block user or report user.)

HOWEVER, my stalker just kept creating new profiles under different emails, so he'd keep popping up with a fake pic a bs profile and would bombard my inbox with really abusive messages. So I got fed up (a bit scared) and ditched the site.