Tattoos

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Are tattoos a must have or a must not have?
Do you have any? If so, what do they mean, if any meaning?

Tattoos are not a dealbreaker either way for me UNLESS they cover the guy so completely that you can't tell if he is wearing a shirt or if it is tattoos....and yes, I did know someone like that.

I do have one tattoo...a small one of Dopey (the dwarf) on my ankle....I collect Dopey figurines, so it was appropriate. ANd, a certain ex told me I couldn't "handle" the pain, so I went and did it the next day....hurt like HE**, but I would do it again if there was something I really wanted, and I do have a few ideas, just not sold on them enough to get it done YET.

Replies

• Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I love tatoos. Love them on people. I have one on my left foot. A celtic cross.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Don't have any tattoos, No plans to ever get one.

As for in another, doesn't really matter (save facial/neck tattoos) but preference would probably be no tattoos.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love tattoo's on a man, as long as they aren't on the neck.

I have 2 small ones on my upper back, me and my best friend got matching tattoo's 16 years ago... the meaning is just known between me and her, and a butterfly. No plans of getting any more though. I'm good with what I have :)
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    I have 2......a small rose on the inside on my left ankle and then an anklet around my right ankle. It's black ribbons/swirly looking things with small hearts.

Tattoo's aren't a deal breaker for me also unless like you said, they are covered in them.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and when I get to my goal (15lbs away) I plan on covering one up with a new one.
    I currently have roo from winne the pooh on my shoulder (thats the one to get covered up) I was called roo as a kid by my grandparents and had collected roo stuff but I am sick of having to explain it to everyone
    The other one is an aries symbol inside a flame that is a tramp stamp (I got it before the term tramp stamp was created)

I love a guy with tattoos but once they hit 2 full sleeves it is a little much for me.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I have about a dozen and plans for more. None are visible when in pants and shirt just due to work restrictions. I am a huge fan of tattoos but on a partner, that is totally up to her. I've dated women with and without tattoos.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    For me, just not my thing. So a no here.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I have lots of tattoos, lol. Strangely, though, I haven't dated many men with tattoos, although I do like them. Sugar Lips has a nice tattoo on his chest/shoulder/arm :)

I haaave.. a half sleeve of a pegasus scene on my left arm, an Athena/Owl half sleeve on my right arm connected to a lotus blossum/giant phoenix on my back, some stupid little cat I got when I was 18 on my left shoulder, a star tribal tramp stamp, some stars going up my right side from my hips to my ribs, some stars on my wrists, a chinese symbol on my ankle (that means star lol), and the card suites on my feet (diamond, clubs, spades, hearts)

I'm planning on getting another one in May. Not sure if I wanna get a griffon to go with the pegasus half sleeve or a new piece on my left side with a rabbit/fire/pisces something.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on tattooing the name of my girlfriend who I've met two weeks ago on my forehead. We just love each other soooooo much...

Apart from that, no tattoos but definitely getting one ASAP. Read: as soon as I have the cash because I want a big one (or is it a bad idea and I should start with a small one first?)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on tattooing the name of my girlfriend who I've met two weeks ago on my forehead. We just love each other soooooo much...

Apart from that, no tattoos but definitely getting one ASAP. Read: as soon as I have the cash because I want a big one (or is it a bad idea and I should start with a small one first?)

I hear they hurt (a lot!!), so yeah, it might be prudent to start off small!! :noway:

No objections to them here. Have thought about getting one myself, but not sure I need to, or if I'll like it in 5 or 10 years. Hmmm!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Well that kind of depends on you. Are you the type of person that just jumps into the freezing lake or do you dip your toe in.
    If your large one has a small part of it that would look good with out the rest maybe you can start with that part and then add on later.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I definitely won't ever get one because I have a fear of needles and don't think I'd be confident about a choice that would be marked on my body for life. I could live with one on a guy I dated, but nothing too big or outrageous.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos. I love tattoos on men as long as they are done well. Ones that look like an amateur or worse are a turn off for me.

That being said, I have a Celtic Cross on my ankle, a Celtic heart on my hip, a Celtic triangle on my shoulder, a Celtic band on my right arm along with a Claddagh beneath it (see the theme - my grandparents came over from Ireland), a shamrock on my inner left wrist, and the one that doesn't belong with the others - a tribal in the middle of my back (no, not a tramp stamp, it actually is in the middle of my back) that my tattoo-artist-boyfriend-at-the-time designed and inked on me.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options

I hear they hurt (a lot!!), so yeah, it might be prudent to start off small!! :noway:

No objections to them here. Have thought about getting one myself, but not sure I need to, or if I'll like it in 5 or 10 years. Hmmm!!

For me, the tattoos that I have did not really hurt at all. One I even laughed during the entire thing (the cross on my ankle) because it tickled more than anything. Depends on your pain threshold and where you are getting it. I heard the side along the ribs is the most painful place you can get it. My shoulder one also did not hurt.

Go big or go home! (just kidding) Depending on how big, it could take more than one session, so be prepared for that. Other than that, just get what your heart really desires. I have wanted a tattoo since I was in high school. I waited until I was 21 to get my first one because I wasn't really sure until then what I truly wanted. My first one was my Celtic Heart - I had bought a necklace with the very heart that is now on me forever and as soon as I saw it and bought it I knew I wanted it as a tattoo.

Good luck!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love them on men!

I have 3 so far. I got one on my 18th bday (butterfly on my middle back-NOT tramp stamp!!) and the other 2 are for the 2 babies I miscarried- a boy and a girl. The boy has a shooting star behind my left ear with both of our birthstone colors (would have been) and for the little girl I got a little pink bow with sapphires (her would have been birthstone) colored polka dots on the inside of left ankle. (hurt the worst!!)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    OMG I have such a thing for tattoos on men they make me drool. Its right up there with peircings lol.

I have 4 tattoos myself. A dragon head tribal on my right shoulder. A chinese dragon on my left shoulder. I have a eruopean dragon erupting out of my skin on my left calf. My biggest and newest one is on my right calf. Takes up most of my calf. Its the medical symbol but instead of snakes I have dragons and purple roses intwined around it. Then its has my brothers initials under it in electric green.

I dont think that Ive ever been with a guy who hasnt has atleast 1 tattoo.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Tattoo, no tattoo, doesnt matter - i like em all
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have 8 smallish tattoos myself. I like them on guys, as long as they're tasteful.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    They're more of a turn-off for me. The right tattoo in the right place on a man is alright but the majority of them I see I don't like too much. A guy my friend used to date had tattoos up his arms, and one of them was a pinup girl wearing a really short skirt and her boobs were busting out of her shirt and it was just gross.