Any Ideas

Options
Im sure most of you know how hard it is to find time to workout with a little one, I try and incorporate my little guy into my workouts, but i find that it is limited. Anybody have any ideas or things that they do!

Replies

• shaleigh07
    Options
    I am going to start pushing my girls in the stroller... we have a nice park close by that's very pretty and has ducks and a play ground for the girls (motivation for my 2 yr old to go) and lots of hills to give me an extra little work out. I can't afford a jogging stroller but I have a double stroller I use so even if I'm just walking I feel like I'm getting decent exercise pushing both girls. I've also thought of putting some extra weight in there too. Hope this helps.
  • KayNicoleKC
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing Billy Blanks' Tae Bo Amped after our daughter goes to bed (and I get home from work) every night. Yes, it means we stay up a bit later. Yes, it means that I have to do SOMETHING ELSE after watching her, going to school, working, and doing whatever else I do all day. And yes, it means giving up some relaxation time that we might otherwise spend catching up on our favorite TV shows. BUT, the workouts are fairly short, I don't miss the sleep that much (and sometimes I sleep even better!), it is something we can do with limited equipment and ability to go somewhere, and my husband thinks it's macho enough for him to get into as well :) And, on the days when nothing else will motivate me, I think of the fact that the calories I torch during the workout allow me to eat an extra little treat!
  • atn0088
    atn0088 Posts: 6
    Options
    hmm good idea, i have been finding myself doing someworkouts when my baby goes down for the night.
  • stillshining
    stillshining Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here are some easy suggestions:

* Use that stroller! I know it can be hard wanting to get moving, especially with babies since you never know if they'll be able to manage. I found my daughter fell asleep 20 minutes in when she was about 3-9 months old. Now, at 2 years, she stays up but really enjoys our time cruising the neighborhood. It can be a learning experience too. I name things, "bus, plane, puppy, etc." and colors - "the tree is green!".

* Buy a free weight and use it when your little one watches television; or when you watch a show. I do two 15 minute segments a day.

* Dance with your toddler! This is fun and teaches your youngster that to be active is to have fun. Put on some music and get groovin'!! My daughter asks to dance now and we have lots of laughs and a blast together.

I hope this helps! :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I lift my 30lb two year old up and down a million times a day. Serious arm toning. I'll also pick him up with my legs. He LOVES it.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Here are some easy suggestions:

* Use that stroller! I know it can be hard wanting to get moving, especially with babies since you never know if they'll be able to manage. I found my daughter fell asleep 20 minutes in when she was about 3-9 months old. Now, at 2 years, she stays up but really enjoys our time cruising the neighborhood. It can be a learning experience too. I name things, "bus, plane, puppy, etc." and colors - "the tree is green!".

* Buy a free weight and use it when your little one watches television; or when you watch a show. I do two 15 minute segments a day.

* Dance with your toddler! This is fun and teaches your youngster that to be active is to have fun. Put on some music and get groovin'!! My daughter asks to dance now and we have lots of laughs and a blast together.

I hope this helps! :)

I agree. If you use the weight, make sure you put them back out of reach! My son will pick those suckers up and throw them as soon as I turn my head! I like to bicycle with my son, and he is big enough now (3years) that he sits on my feet while I do sit ups, and on my back for push ups(not that I can do a REAL one yet) if your child is a baby, hold them while you do wall sits, or give them kisses while you do push ups.