Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The "Feeling you might be pregnant" syndrome

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know how many other women go through the "I feel I might be pregnant this time" syndrome where you have symptoms that tell you that it might be, but you are scared to by a test because you don't want the disappointment of it being negative again? I go through this all the time, and this time my husband is telling me to get a test, not only because of some things he says he's noticed, but because in my weigh ins, i'm losing lbs, losing some inches, but seem to be gaining in my waist and my bust....

I really hate this feeling, because I want to get a test because it might be, but I don't want to get a test only to be disappointed when it's negative... (they are always negative...)

Crystal

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    After many years of having these symptoms, the one time I did get pregnant, I wrote it off as just "PCOS being a jerk symptoms." Two weeks later, my sinuses had gotten so bad that I went to the doctor to get sinus medicine, and she wouldn't give me any until I took a test. Shocker, she came running in with the test saying, "You're pregnant." (Was advised and argued all the way down the hall to the test room that there was no way I could get pregnant. She did the blood test and called me back and said, "I don't know if your a month, two, or three months pregnant, we need to get you into an ultrasound." I scheduled one the day before for a week later, because I still didn't believe it. Went in for the ultrasound and saw my baby for the first time, and really for the first time it hit home, especially when I heard his heart beat. The OB/GYN told me I was 8 weeks pregnant.

I suggest doing NFP, that way you can chart what your temps are and know about when you're going to get your TOM. Don't ever let it go over 90 days between a TOM, per my doctor, it can lead to Uterine Cancer. So be careful, if you are over your normal time to have a TOM, then test.
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    I use Fertility Friend to chart my temps to see when I ovulate and so i know when to test. My cycles are around 50 days long so it helps to know when (and if) I ovulated that cycle. If I were you I would wait. There is nothing more depressing than thinking you're pregnant and then then POAS and have it be a BFN. Just keep eating healthy, don't drink/smoke/etc..., watch your caffeine intake... You never know! This could be the one!

I also get the "feeling that I'm pregnant" a lot, but it hasn't been accurate in a loooooong time. Best of luck to you while ttc!