heart rate monitors

Options
joelleh26
joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
Does anyone know any reasonably priced or cheap heart rate monitors that are any good in the uk?

Replies

• Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon, Polar are a good reliable brand.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    had 3 polars and they were just alright, have got myself a suunto this time round and polar doesnt even compare, suunto is by far the better HRM and you don’t have to deduct BMR cals at the end of your workout which you do have to do with the polar.

www.heartratemonitors.co.uk

these peeps will price beat anything and they are really really helpful

xx
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    I purchased a Polar FT4 form Amazon for around £55 I've had it for a year now and it's does the job for me. Tells me how many calories I've burnt, tells me when I'm in my fat burning zone, and also saves the calories burnt data in the training files.

I will probably upgrade my HRM in the future to a more advanced Polar, they're a great company.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT2, as I didn't want to splash out a lot of money. It doesn't work out how many calories you burn, but it does record your average heart rate and highest heart rate, and monitors if you're working at over the recommended limit. There are websites that will work out your calorie burn though, so it's not a massive deal.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    I bought a £20 one from Argos. It came with the chest strap and is very basic. It tells you the average and maximum heart rate from your last timing, and that's pretty much it. But it works well, and does the job for me :)
  • pboroaddick
    pboroaddick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use Polar F7 records time in training zone, calories burned and heart rate. Also stores some stats to review. Had this for a while now and very pleased. You have to remember to deduct your basic cals before entering to your exercise MFP.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I got the Crivit HRM from Lidl a couple of months back, apart from a weak battery in the chest strap it's been fine...was only £13. I've ordered the Lloyds one for my wife, hopefully that will be up to it.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ebay's a good bet if you don't mind second hand - I got a F4 for a fiver, sold as spares/repairs cos the chest strap had died (watch is fine) Even if I bought a new chest strap, that would have been 11 quid (ebay again!), but I just did a bit of clever engineering and worked out how to change the battery in the unit :)
  • sixfootaliw
    Options
    I bought the one from Lloyds pharmacy for around £11. It's fine; does the job and is comfortable to use. Personally I didn't want to spend much money on something I will probably stop using after a while (knowing me!)
    Ali
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Same here I got an ft4 from Amazon £55 and I love it! It tells you cals burned and it comes with a chest strap so is pretty accurate at measuring your heart rate too.

When you first set it up put your height, gender, age and weight in and then it bases it's calculations on that with your heart rate is during a work out.

However don't leave it running all day to see what you burn, it is ONLY accurate when you're doing cardio type exercise. Hope that helps.

Ps when I first was shopping around I was only wanting to spend £20 max but so many people complained about the innacurracies of cheap HRM's that I thought what's the point I may as well guess, took the plunge 2 weeks ago and love it!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7. It works fantastic. Gives you all the details, Cals, training zones ie fitness and fat burning. and obviously HR. Shows you complete data once you have completed your workout, also stores it for you.

I wouldnt suggest getting a cheap one, as they arent as accurate.