Updates Please

Options
skmolove
skmolove Posts: 191 Member
Its been a long time since anyone posted a new topic so i am wondering how is everyone doing? Give updates! what's your loss? what are you doing differently now than when you started? go to snacks? excersice - yes or no? activity of choice? anything else you want to share...

as for me
i'm down 22 pounds since dec 1, 2011

i am being aware of what i'm eating and try to make healthy choices.

nuts & fruit are my go to snack. i'm really suprised that i've given up most prepackaged boxed snack food. Subway has replaced Burger King.

i have been taking a zumba class weekly since november 2011 and loving it. i walk when i can. most weeks i do 2hrs of activity

Replies

• thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am down 25 lbs since Jan 1 2012

Go to snacks: Special K 90 calorie bars, fruit, Fiber one 90 calorie snacks, sugar free jello, sugar free jello pudding, weight watcher snacks. I need a varity so I do not get bored with anything.

I exercise almost everyday, I walk over my lunch hour after I get home from work. I do zumba 1 day a week. I try to get in at least 30-60 mins a day at least 6 days a week.

As far as food goes I have not changed a whole lot as far as dinners go, I just eat smaller portions. We usually have always had healthy dinners, meat, starch and veggie. Portion control was my big problem.
    MFP has been the best thing at helping me with portion control
    I am very mindful of what I am putting in my mouth every second of everyday.

Packing my lunch everyday has made a HUGE difference, I try to plan my entire day the night before so I know exactly what I have to work with. Planning ahead has been a big change for me

WATER!!!!!!
    I drink Only water for the most part, I may have a diet soda with my lunch a couple days a week but this has been a BIG change for me. I drink at least 80oz of water everyday!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group but not new to MFP. I've been on a roller coaster with losing/gaining the same 10lbs. I need to work on limiting my carbs. I appreciate the sharing.:bigsmile:
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    wow, it just occured to me that i'm now 12 pounds away from losing 50 for the new year... I think i can do this!

how many more do you need to loose to get that 50 off?
  • tsc1986
    tsc1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm reporting that I have not lost any toward this goal. It is my own fault and I know it. I am trying to get back on the wagon and for now just begin tracking everything. I do walk for 30 minutes 4-5 times per week but I honestly think that is just keeping me from gaining more weight. I love good food and portion control is definitely my problem.
    Good Luck to all of you and way to go for those that have made progress!!
  • anxiety_bunny
    anxiety_bunny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! :D I've lost 27 pounds so far. It's definitely not as much as I hoped I would lose by now, but -27 is better than +27, right? I slacked off for several months, but I'm back on the "wagon" and I hope to reach -40 pounds by Jan. 1st of 2013. Good luck to all of you!